AVIC411.com

Condi's HACKMODE v2.2 - AUTOINSTALL! working also with F40BT, X940BT etc! [updated: 27.09.2012]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes i think there is a problem with the way PRG.FLG is handled, so you wind up trying to boot up to the old version of the program, which might get "no applicable program" if it's an older version and the unit doesnt like that

1. boot into testmode

2. if you have USER\PRG.FLG present delete it. If not, create an empty file called PRG.FLG and copy it to USER\PRG.FLG

3. reboot and let us know how that works

hi guys,

im back to business lol

got some very interesting news, will give you detailed info later.

for now I can tell you that i've got f30bt with 'semi-working' f40bt firmware.

and of course - like in f40bt - i have testmode-copy/paste disabled lol

br

condi

Hello I am French and I use a sorry translator?

Jet a F930BT I want to know with the update AVIC-F40BT_Ver4.01

Si alarms radars would be always to activate or not.

I went through all steps and now nothing shows up on screen except initial start up picture!

Let me guess, you did it twice, did you?

and some info:

what model do you have?

What software ver it had?

what ver of hackmode did you use?

how many times you tried?

Can you enter to testmode? (Hold Home button and press >>-<<->>-<<->>-<< release Home button)

If you can - restore Av.exe from backup. (I hope you have backup)

For 40/140/940 models search for EU update files and get Av.exe from there.

Hi all, 1st post in this thread. Last nite I read through this entire thread(OMG) trying to learn more about the internals of these things. In my case my primary motivation was to fix a problem that crept up after installing Condi's Hackmode on my Z110 running the Z130 (CNSD210FM) s/w. After what looked like a successful install, the HU couldn't start any app after reboot. Like a dope, I didn't back-up /USER. I eventually fixed it by using PRG.FLG to point to my good PRG1 files. After reboot - everything looked good. I then immediately

installed the hacked CNSD310-FM upgrade - which worked great. My thought was any residual stuff would be cleaned-up by the upgrade. However the next day I noticed there was no attenuation of the audio during VR or responses. I checked my AV System settings and found the Mute Level softkey was active (not greyed) but had no value - and I couldn't change it.

I started a separate thread on the z110/z120/z130/z140 forum:

http://avic411.com/i..._15#entry257318

- detailing what I've tried so far. I seemed to be the only one having this issue after installing CNSD310-FM, but I had a nagging suspicion (but no evidence) that it was caused by a weird side-effect of the Hackmode installation. Member pionara has been offering suggestions in my thread - so far nothing as helped. While reading this Condi's HACKMODE thread, I found two other cases of the same problem - both likely related to HackMode installs.

Condi and all

at Menu Settings / AV-Settings there are two buttons regarding Mute of the AV-Source (when f.e. a phone call comes in).

At my F30BT I can select different Mute-Scenarios (left button) but can not select different Mute Levels (All/-10db/-20dB) on the rigth button. AV-Source is ON and button is active, but Mute Levels are not displayed in the button.

Have you ever seen that on a Navi with hackmode?

Originally it worked correctly!

Thanks for your suggestions

Bernd

hmm got f30bt, and also cant change mute level.. more interesting thing is that with original files it also cant be changed hmm.. check it with your backup files, maybe my copy is modified in some way already..

So, Condi - and Bernd (if you are still around), did you ever fix this problem? If not, any insight into what caused it? Rather than hijack this thread, please respond in my dedicated (although probably mis-named) thread - http://avic411.com/i..._15#entry257318

Where would the settings on this screen be stored? Right now, with no attenuation, I have to manually mute (or just lower the volume) in order to use VR commands - or to hear NAV voice info. If the Mute Level button can not be fixed, I'd settle for a hardcoded value that would at least lower the volume automatically. If that means editing a file with a hex editor, so be it.

One other weird thing is that there is an ANT CTRL button in the AV System Settings menu (along with the inoperable Mute Level). I thought that went away in a previous upgrade - it isn't in the Z120, Z130 or Z140 User manual. It seems to be a vestige of the original Z110. Does this menu not get updated with the upgrades?

Thanks.

post-43400-0-25684500-1350239692_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone, I read through this entire thread as well and I tried downloading every link to a MicroSD card for my x930bt and nothing seems to work.

As soon as the ignition is turned on, the first thing that comes up is the password request screen. I am totally new to all of this so any help is much appreciated!