AVIC411.com

Condi's HACKMODE v2.2 - AUTOINSTALL! working also with F40BT, X940BT etc! [updated: 27.09.2012]

that very interesting post we try to hack the Japanese unit mrz 09 to work in europe so far we have running igo on it by replace original navi exe with igo exe (rename the igo.exe for navi.exe) but the gps port its locked so maybe yours solution will work. Also you can try replace the navigation in yours unit and see. hope the voice gonna work

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The GPS port (which is on com7:) is locked because it is not opened by navi.exe directly, but instead by a common DLL that is used by several processes. Navi.exe, av.exe, ... get the position information via a function call from this DLL. Unfortunately the port is opened at a very early stage of the boot process and registry mods do not survive a restart so a portsplitter cannot be injected. However, if I would know the function call to get the position information I could probably write a virtual com port driver that provides an NMEA stream to Igo. I think this is exactly what the PIONEERUS software does. But PIONEERUS is not free and it does not work anymore with newer software versions. Does anyone have PIONEERUS installed and could provide the files?

manio112, the mrzs seem to use the same AV-connector as the f30bt. So I am pretty sure that they will have the COM1 port available as well since it is used by the pioneer software developers as a debug port (debug output can be turned on with the "POSEIDONDBG ON" method as described by an old post of pionara here in the forum).

Here are instructions to get you going:

Connect the TX pin of the M8N to pin 24 (EXTOC) of the AV connector and the RX pin of the M8N to pin 12 (CTOEX). You can use the "KMODE" connection method for the handbrake signal detection override as described on youtube to make this connection despite missing leads on the AV connector plug. Alternatively, if you don't need any other signals from the AV connector, you can also remove the Plug and use so called "jumper cables" for breadborads to connect to the pins on the AV connector directly. That's how I did it.

GND and VCC for the M8N can be taken from the USB port of the AVIC. Just use a USB Y-adapter cable that are used to power mobile USB harddisk and cut off the secondary USB plug to tap off GND and VCC. GND is usually the black wire and VCC the red one, but I recommend to double check with a multimeter.

I am using a GY-GPSV3 M8N PCB-only module that I ordered from ebay, but you can also find M8N modules for drones that come complete with a housing and wires.

BTW., the method you suggested to get audio working does not seem to work for the f30bt, because as soon as av.exe starts it will occupy the screen. So I do have to start Igo instead of av.exe and can't start it instead of navi.exe. This seems to be also the rootcause for the missing audio, because av.exe seems to be needed in order to initialize the audio path from the codec to the speakers.

post-80096-0-06617600-1515667742_thumb.png

manio112, the mrzs seem to use the same AV-connector as the f30bt. So I am pretty sure that they will have the COM1 port available as well since it is used by the pioneer software developers as a debug port (debug output can be turned on with the "POSEIDONDBG ON" method as described by an old post of pionara here in the forum).

Here are instructions to get you going:

Connect the TX pin of the M8N to pin 24 (EXTOC) of the AV connector and the RX pin of the M8N to pin 12 (CTOEX). You can use the "KMODE" connection method for the handbrake signal detection override as described on youtube to make this connection despite missing leads on the AV connector plug. Alternatively, if you don't need any other signals from the AV connector, you can also remove the Plug and use so called "jumper cables" for breadborads to connect to the pins on the AV connector directly. That's how I did it.

GND and VCC for the M8N can be taken from the USB port of the AVIC. Just use a USB Y-adapter cable that are used to power mobile USB harddisk and cut off the secondary USB plug to tap off GND and VCC. GND is usually the black wire and VCC the red one, but I recommend to double check with a multimeter.

I am using a GY-GPSV3 M8N PCB-only module that I ordered from ebay, but you can also find M8N modules for drones that come complete with a housing and wires.

BTW., the method you suggested to get audio working does not seem to work for the f30bt, because as soon as av.exe starts it will occupy the screen. So I do have to start Igo instead of av.exe and can't start it instead of navi.exe. This seems to be also the rootcause for the missing audio, because av.exe seems to be needed in order to initialize the audio path from the codec to the speakers.

Hi morus,

May be I'm completely on a wrong track but I want to ask a question about GPS antenna. As far as I understand It's current antenna's port is locked by a DLL file so, if we don't want to use it's original navigation application this antenna is useless for us. Is it possible to detach this antenna from it's current connection and connect it as you explain to COM1? My unit came from Japan and it's navigation app. is totally useless for me. Thanks in advance.

Hi morus,

May be I'm completely on a wrong track but I want to ask a question about GPS antenna. As far as I understand It's current antenna's port is locked by a DLL file so, if we don't want to use it's original navigation application this antenna is useless for us. Is it possible to detach this antenna from it's current connection and connect it as you explain to COM1? My unit came from Japan and it's navigation app. is totally useless for me. Thanks in advance.

adzam you need the gps reciver m8n connect to com 1 as morus set

Hi morus,

No, not possible, because it's only an antenna. You need to connect a complete receiver. It does not need to be a M8N. You just need a GPS receiver that has a TTL UART output. M8N is attractive because it is highly sensitive, it supports GPS/GLONASS/BEIDOU/GALILEO, and it is relatively cheap because it is often used in chinese drones...

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2-10-2013 at 6:43 PM, Carelse said:

Hello Condizek,

I realy hope you will get the gps running soon.

I have a Avic-940BT that was pre-installed in my new Kia Rio but the navigation software from pioneer is not half as good as TomTom, that i used before.

Do you think TomTom will ever run on this device?

The software "pioneerus" seems to have solved this issue, so maybe you can get some information from the developer of this software? Do you have any experiance with pioneerus?

Anyway, succes with the project!

I also have a Kia Rio with the pioneer F940BT. Have you got tomtom running? And if so, how did you do that. I really want TomTom is a better navigation. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello together,

cann me someone helping with blocked AVIC f940 bt? Im removing the battery and avic needs password, but i forgotten him. Im reading this forum, but im not finding directly hepl for me. Im not sure, but it is possible, that radio is blocked. It function only test mode. It not function the navigation or settuping.

Thank you!!!