AVIC411.com

Condi's HACKMODE v2.2 - AUTOINSTALL! working also with F40BT, X940BT etc! [updated: 27.09.2012]

I'm going on vacation - last week of July. After that I will gonna replace my EU090RGD.PRG, we will continue all the hackmode thing :)

Before that - I can't be without gps/audio etc ;)

PS. last night I was dreaming that we had a full solution for gps port LOL :D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys , I need help

My unit avic 920bt have loop , restart all time and don't enter more in mode test , file key don't work more , I did test laguage and when change for french sistem have error and restart and now don't stop restart , please help me thank you !

@ciroalbano - Try getting into test mode manually and return everything back to stock like so: remove sd card, turn on ignition, keep home button pressed and press previous, next, previous, next and so on while keeping home button pressed until the unit restarts, it should enter testmode now.

Condi and all

at Menu Settings / AV-Settings there are two buttons regarding Mute of the AV-Source (when f.e. a phone call comes in).

At my F30BT I can select different Mute-Scenarios (left button) but can not select different Mute Levels (All/-10db/-20dB) on the rigth button. AV-Source is ON and button is active, but Mute Levels are not displayed in the button.

Have you ever seen that on a Navi with hackmode?

Originally it worked correctly!

Thanks for your suggestions

Bernd

Condi and all

at Menu Settings / AV-Settings there are two buttons regarding Mute of the AV-Source (when f.e. a phone call comes in).

At my F30BT I can select different Mute-Scenarios (left button) but can not select different Mute Levels (All/-10db/-20dB) on the rigth button. AV-Source is ON and button is active, but Mute Levels are not displayed in the button.

Have you ever seen that on a Navi with hackmode?

Originally it worked correctly!

Thanks for your suggestions

Bernd

hmm got f30bt, and also cant change mute level.. more interesting thing is that with original files it also cant be changed hmm.. check it with your backup files, maybe my copy is modified in some way already..

Please forgive my ignorance but what can you do with the hackmode?

I have an AVIC-F920BT does this let you install the CNSD-210FM Update or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Thanks

It seems like it has US map update. so if you have non-US model it is not for you.

Just to confirm... Right now one of the problems related to running homebrew executables, is that any of them linked to coredll.dll or ceshell.dll will not work?

That's not a problem, almost every app which i modified to use other dlls than limited in our devices - worked without any problems. Its problem, but its easy to bypass. I've got all the gps software running fine like tomtom, garmin, automapa, igo etc. But its just a software. We have problem with busy hardware, like gps port and audio. We need to get free gps port, and other hardware resources.

Me and all the great guys here - we just gave opportunity to further hack avics. All the working utilities such as DiskRW, working registry etc. - this is for all of you to test and try to get some useful result ;)

My reason was because I have a Z130, and would rather write a UI replacement and make it open source for people to use. Mainly because I believe MioPocket is not open, so you are limited to the scripting and if it crashes, you are out of luck. Hopefully, this way we can also take advantage of the android protocols (communicating to CE) as well as some of the open source apps that work great and would be excellent for the head unit.

Has anyone gotten a kernel debugger running to pick up any loose RETAILMSG or DEBUGMSG (in case pioneer left any debug code in there)? Many drivers tend to spit initialization messages out. I spent quite a bit of time doing kernel and user mode debugging in windows (both regular flavor and CE) so thats why I'm asking. There may be a decent chance that a dependency is being triggered by the app tying up the port.

The fact that this uses WinCE 5 to me is very promising because the dev time is stupid fast.

I haven't dug into the bin, but do you know if they have the DX stack running, or are using native frame buffer calls?

My reason was because I have a Z130, and would rather write a UI replacement and make it open source for people to use. Mainly because I believe MioPocket is not open, so you are limited to the scripting and if it crashes, you are out of luck. Hopefully, this way we can also take advantage of the android protocols (communicating to CE) as well as some of the open source apps that work great and would be excellent for the head unit.

Has anyone gotten a kernel debugger running to pick up any loose RETAILMSG or DEBUGMSG (in case pioneer left any debug code in there)? Many drivers tend to spit initialization messages out. I spent quite a bit of time doing kernel and user mode debugging in windows (both regular flavor and CE) so thats why I'm asking. There may be a decent chance that a dependency is being triggered by the app tying up the port.

The fact that this uses WinCE 5 to me is very promising because the dev time is stupid fast.

I haven't dug into the bin, but do you know if they have the DX stack running, or are using native frame buffer calls?

Sounds to me like you might be able to help us get past the next barrier with your experience with WINCE. Condi has made it possible to run other GPS software but cannot gain access to the GPS Port. It seems to me that we need to replace the contents of EU090PLT.PRG (platform?), EU090RGD.PRG (registry?) and EU090BOT.PRG (boot?) in order to have a fully functioning WINCE running in order to run any program and/or modify the skin.

If I could get a stack dump, I can do a rundown on each of the PIDs and their associated TIDs to see what is tied up in the context. From there we'll know the exact process and thread that is holding any of the ports open, alter the loading order and allow ourselves to load the dependencies to tie it up.

Understand that I just picked one of these up a few days ago, so I'm not as familiar as others with the hardware. If it has a serial port (that we can tap) we can try to enable kernel debugging and from there the sky is the limit. I can do pretty much anything with it and trap every Psxxx Load, or at least the opens to objects that are not in the FS path.

I'm thinking the ND-TMC10 tuner may have a serial port as its back communication due to the slow speed of the data on the FM sideband. That could at least give us a point to push a remote debugger connection. Anyone know which com port thats tied to?

On a side note, admins might want to link this to the "Z" section of the forums as I would have never found this if I hadn't been snooping around all of the sections of the forums to learn things, since this particular thread is not exclusive to the "F" series of the HU.

Back up with testmode and then load up Condi's Hackmode! He has provided some tools that will run on the unit (some you may need to download in this thread) but I don't know if any of them can do a stack dump, perhaps you can figure that out once you begin digging around.