AVIC411.com

P3200BT Help with setup

I just installed the P3200BT in my 06 mustang base model. I've got three issues:

1. Anytime the Backup camera is "on" on the deck, even if I'm listening to radio or watching a DVD, it keeps trying to switch back to the backup cam about 15 seconds after I've selected a different source. (I've currently got the camera connected to the backup lights for power and grounded but I don't have the wire on the headunit for backup camera sensing connected)

2. The "tag" button is greyed out and I can't figure out how to enable it. I've tried with Ipod connected, not connected. SD card in, SD card out...can't figure out how to enable it..

3. My phone book doesn't transfer over. My recieved/missed/made calls are all here but when I select the phone book, there is nothing there. My phone is a Samsung Captivate (Android system).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

MIke

In case anyone else experience the same issues, I've got a least a few answers.

1. Backup camera issue: I didn't understand that I needed to run 2 wires from the radio to the back of the car to the camera. The violet/white wire out of the radio is for sensing when the car goes in reverse. That wire runs to the back of the car and connects to the hot wire of the backup lights so that it's hot when the lights come on. Then you have to run a 12+ switched wire (red from the radio) to the back and connect to the + of the camera. Then I still had the problem with it switching back to the camera every 15 seconds or so...Found out that the ground wire from the camera HAS to be grounded to a wired ground...it can't be grounded to the chassis...weird, but confirmed!

2. Tagging issue: I was told be a rep (not sure if it's true, but who knows) That the itunes tagging only works on HD radio.

3. My phone contacts finally transfered...looks like I had to accept permissions on my phone for the radio to access them. After that, it just took a little while for them all to populate.

Here's a pic of the final product next to my original stock radio.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

im also having problem with my gf's P3200BT.. but her's get stucked on "CAUTION SCREEN MAY APEAR REVERSED" and only black screen but audio is working (if im listening to radio/cd). i tapped the camera to reverse wires POSITIVE-RED & NEGATIVE-BLACK. and i ran the VIDEO cable to the HU and same as the violet/white wire.

im also having problem with my gf's P3200BT.. but her's get stucked on "CAUTION SCREEN MAY APEAR REVERSED" and only black screen but audio is working (if im listening to radio/cd). i tapped the camera to reverse wires POSITIVE-RED & NEGATIVE-BLACK. and i ran the VIDEO cable to the HU and same as the violet/white wire.

I ran the blue/white wire to the hot side of the reverse lights of the car. Then I ran a hot wire from the red wire off the back of the radio (hot) to the red wire on the camera. Then I grounded the black wire from the camera to the ground wire on the backup lights of the car. Once I did all of that, it worked perfect. Before I did that, I was getting the same as you...

I ran the blue/white wire to the hot side of the reverse lights of the car. Then I ran a hot wire from the red wire off the back of the radio (hot) to the red wire on the camera. Then I grounded the black wire from the camera to the ground wire on the backup lights of the car. Once I did all of that, it worked perfect. Before I did that, I was getting the same as you...

you mean the violet/white reverse wire from HU hraness? i also did that. i ran the 2 wires RED(+) & BLACK(-) from the back-up camera to the back of the HU and tapped it on the same color. POSITIVE(red) and the NEGATIVE(black). in short, the blue/white wire (REVERSE SIGNAL from HU) is tapped to the HOT/POSTIVE/RED/+ of the reverse lamp. then, from "back-up camera wires" RED/+ is tapped to the POSITIVE/RED wire of the back of the HU and the NEGATIVE/black wire is tapped to the reverse lamp? am i right? and ofcourse the VIDEO signal is connected on the back of the HU.

Edited by dc5dy