AVIC411.com

AVIC X930bt

Hi guys,

I bought a Avic x930bt from the US and obviously has us mapping on it but i live in australia i want to remove this mapping and install australian mapping on it is there any way i can do this

if some one could help me that would be great as i purchased this unit thinking i could just uninstall the mapping and put the australian mapping but as i was advised its not that easy to do

if some one let me no if or how i can do that it would be great and be very much appreciated

Hi guys,

I bought a Avic x930bt from the US and obviously has us mapping on it but i live in australia i want to remove this mapping and install australian mapping on it is there any way i can do this

if some one could help me that would be great as i purchased this unit thinking i could just uninstall the mapping and put the australian mapping but as i was advised its not that easy to do

if some one let me no if or how i can do that it would be great and be very much appreciated

i just need to whether this can be done is some can let me no that would be great

• 2 weeks later...
I bought a Avic x930bt from the US and obviously has us mapping on it but i live in australia i want to remove this mapping and install australian mapping on it is there any way i can do this...

Look here: http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/31534-condis-hackmode-v12-windows-explorer-sdusb-and-autoupdate-feature-updated-11052011/

I am from Australia as well. So I have same interest.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I bought a Avic x930bt from the US and obviously has us mapping on it but i live in australia i want to remove this mapping and install australian mapping on it is there any way i can do this? if some one could help me that would be great...

Did you manage to find something? I am searching for F220/F20BT/F30BT owners here in Australia.

but without success... :huh: I have got map from F310BT. It works now, almost...

Address search is not working...

and map turns red when I magnify to 500m.

• 4 weeks later...

Did you manage to find something? I am searching for F220/F20BT/F30BT owners here in Australia.

but without success... huh.gif I have got map from F310BT. It works now, almost...

Address search is not working...

and map turns red when I magnify to 500m.

I'm also interested in this, I have been following Condi's thread closely but this looks promising. Can't help with the F30BT files, etc though sorry.

Please continue to look around. I believe we will have map working especially if we will get update map files from official update for F20/F30/F930. So I think we need used official update SD to play with. I believe we can go through ShortFuse hack to update software and maps+ region change.

• 1 month later...

Have a look here http://avic411.com/index.php?showtopic=32297&k=bb2fe024f8a71424996db6d9af08c1fc&settingNewSkin=1. You can get update from this location. I tried to load it on my x930bt, but unit doesn't react on SD card with that update. Maybe sd card should be formated in some different way or should have some speacial name? I don't know. But I think this is the only way to change region. I did load firmware from F10BT to X930BT via testmode, but system doesn't boot after that. So I did reverse to original firmware. But before I checked region. It was changed to another one.

• 3 months later...

Hallelujah!

Now we have map from Australian F930BT so we can get non-Australian units to work-ish here in Australia.

Map works but search is not working, Because it expect zip code in field of "City". So it jumps to the cocpit view (crashes?) so we need someone who can fix this issue.

Now we can scroll and select destination or we can create custom POI using smartphone and feed it to the unit by AVIC ActiveFeeds which can be downloaded from Pioneer's website.

Ok How to make map work:

ALWAYS MAKE BACKUP FIRST!!!

First of all:

• go here and download testmode.key file (it is inside condihack archive)
  • or you can get it here as well.
  • or just use keys combination to get into test mode manually by following: remove sd card, turn on ignition, keep home button pressed and press previous, next, previous, next and so on while keeping home button pressed until the unit restarts, it should enter testmode.

You can work in testmode or hack your unit - it is up to you. All respect for this step goes to our friend Condi

Than get use to navigate using testmode,

is youtube video that shows how to navigate in testmode. (Video by JasonH)

Backup your NDATA folder - it can take up to 2 hours (for US units) and store it somewhere safe.

Second: download this archive with Australian map

than delete folders listed below from NDATA on your unit

For US unit like mine they should be folders:

00, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 0A, 0B, 0C, 0D, 0E, 0F, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E, 1F, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D, 2E, 2F, 30, 31, 33, 34, 35, 36, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49,4A, 4B, 4C, 4D, 4E.

But DO NOT DELETE FE folder!

Full list of folders you can check in NDATA\00\ZonelistOnFlash.txt open it with any text editor and you will find:

first line - Number of folders with map in HEX format - for my US map it is 42 so 4*16+2=66 so 66 folders contain map, then list of folders (missing 00) and last line- FE - But DO NOT DELETE FE folder!

Third: Open archive with Australian map and copy folders 00, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, blackspot to your NDATA folder.

Last step - Reboot unit and if you have your position somewhere in Great Ocean

Push "Home Button"> "settings"> "Navi Settings"> "Modify Current Location">

Zoom out, Pan the screen and Zoom in to desired location and hit "OK"

Clock can be set 12 hours behund and they will show something that looks like correct time. %))

Disclaimer:

I'm not responsible of any damage/brick,

so all of this you are doing at your own risk.

Its working on my unit perfectly,

but I am not 100% sure that it will work on yours!

If you not sure which folders you need to delete form your non-US unit post contains of your NDATA\00\ZonelistOnFlash.txt here.

This is great news :) I live in Australia and have been holding off buying a US F930BT from ebay because of the inability to use Australian maps with the GPS.

I wonder how likely it is that the search functionality can be restored, I am still likely to go ahead with buying one, though it would be nice to have some confidence that sometime no too far in the future, ill be able to use all the features of the unit.

I don't have a smartphone for sending custom POIs, how much effort is it to scroll and select destinations - is it very cumbersome?

• 1 month later...

So I ended up buying a European F930BT. I installed it and followed your instructions on installing Australian maps. It's working like you describe :) Much thanks to you Ralpharn.

The search is still broken on euro version though :(. When I press City or Street it crashes to the map view, postcode is grayed out.

If I try to manually enter GPS coordinates for locations in Australia, an error messages displays "Not allowed for this region" - it still knows that it isn't an Australian unit.

Do you have entire Australian NDATA and USER folders? I wonder if search can be fixed by copying more files from australian F930BT NDATA/USER folders.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...