AVIC411.com

Z130BT bypass not working correctly

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron, in no way am I arguing or thinking you are not being helpful. Sorry, if I gave you that impression.

I just wanted to show the exact message instead of posting approximated error message.

thank you!

Not a problem, I was just saying I'd never seen it before. My HU was bypassed from day 1, so I didn't know what it said when it wasn't happy. I'm glad you posted the pic which shows the complete message, because I didn't know what message you were referring to.

That mesage means the bypass is not correct. Most likely means the pin in the moved wire is not making contact. If you can't get it to work, then I recommend just hooking up the PB as usual (in the manual) and living with the annoyance of having to stop and set the PB to use many of the features. At least that is an improvement over what you've got now.

if i press ok, error goes away, and HU starts acting as if it was installed right. like you said, it is an annoyance. I'll get together with Dan (above poster), and we'll check it out.

He had an idea of getting rid of the pin, and just sticking the bare wire down the path, to ensure that it makes the contact. I suspect that I may have damaged the pin when I was pulling it out of the harness.

if i press ok, error goes away, and HU starts acting as if it was installed right. like you said, it is an annoyance. I'll get together with Dan (above poster), and we'll check it out.

He had an idea of getting rid of the pin, and just sticking the bare wire down the path, to ensure that it makes the contact. I suspect that I may have damaged the pin when I was pulling it out of the harness.

I get the same screen on my Z110BT. The parking brake is shown as "ON" on the settings page. The system operates as though the hack was properly and completely done. Strangely enough, after power has been removed from the system, I don't get the error message until the second time I turn on the system.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

I get the same screen on my Z110BT. The parking brake is shown as "ON" on the settings page. The system operates as though the hack was properly and completely done. Strangely enough, after power has been removed from the system, I don't get the error message until the second time I turn on the system.

Bill

Same here. I have no problem playing a video while moving and the connection status says PB is on. I can search POI's on the Nav - but I can't enter an address while moving. I had a shop install the system and said they understood the bypass but i'm wondering if they move the pin to the left instead of up. If they did that would it give it partial bypass functionality? I also recently did the update from Pioneer. Never checked the system prior to the update - but wondering if they changed something. Only thing I can't do while moving is enter the address.

Same here. I have no problem playing a video while moving and the connection status says PB is on. I can search POI's on the Nav - but I can't enter an address while moving. I had a shop install the system and said they understood the bypass but i'm wondering if they move the pin to the left instead of up. If they did that would it give it partial bypass functionality? I also recently did the update from Pioneer. Never checked the system prior to the update - but wondering if they changed something. Only thing I can't do while moving is enter the address.

So you have a 130? The previous poster had a 110. While it's possible Pioneer could defeat the bypass with a software patch, I doubt they did. And certainly they

didn't on the 110 - no recent patch/updates have been released.

I'll ask someone more famliiar with the un-patched behavior to jump in here. Like I said a few posts earlier, mine was bypassed from day zero, so I have no insight into the behaviour. I just thought it locked you out of all those "dangerous" functions all the time. It makes no sense to me to occasionally give you a pass. Maybe the moved wire is loose?

So you have a 130? The previous poster had a 110. While it's possible Pioneer could defeat the bypass with a software patch, I doubt they did. And certainly they

didn't on the 110 - no recent patch/updates have been released.

I'll ask someone more famliiar with the un-patched behavior to jump in here. Like I said a few posts earlier, mine was bypassed from day zero, so I have no insight into the behaviour. I just thought it locked you out of all those "dangerous" functions all the time. It makes no sense to me to occasionally give you a pass. Maybe the moved wire is loose?

Yup - 130. It was just installed so I doubt it's loose - everything else works fine - like the DVD player while in motion. Only item that is grayed is the Address button. Found that out yesterday when we went to use the nav. If I had favorites saved I could access those. I could also access the POI's while in motion. Stereo was installed two weeks ago and I've only driven the car a couple times since so I've not really checked anything. The shop that installed it was familiar with Pioneers and said they understood how to do the bypass - but then again - if the 130 is different - they might not have installed it correctly for the 130 - I don't know for sure. I'm going to call them and ask them tomorrow when they are open. I just don't understand how the bypass can work only "part way".

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just purchased the z130bt and would like to do the bypass but would to use the toggle switch method, i know the vss and ebrake need to be grounded right?

What toggle switch method? No, VSS is not involved. AFAIK, the only successful bypass of the Z1x0-BT has been as documented here and on YouTube.

BTW, you don't have to use the Mute wire (especially if you need "Mute"), but it is hard to find compatible connectors that fit in the harness. As an alternative, someone could (and has in the past) bought a second harness to harvest more wires, Sell them here and you might make a small profit. Even if it only offset part of the cost, it would be a relatively cheap solution. Others would love not having to figure out how to remove their mute wire without damaging the connector or wire. Win-Win.

Just an SPST switch on the moved mute wire would lock-out all those functions even when the parking brake is set. You'd have to install the BP sensor in the "factory" manor to enable the functions via PB when the mute wire is OFF. But when in bypass mode, the PB wire would need to be grounded.

I think this would work: Do the bypass (moving the Mute wire) and connect it to ground. On the PB wire install a SPDT switch - one output running to ground, and the other to the normal PB installation at the parking brake switch.

However, I'm not sure what the affect of having the Mute wire grounded would be during the normal "non-bypass" operation. You might need that Mute-to-ground switched too. In that case a DPDT switch would be needed. Very simple, actually.

P1 (PB) switches between Normal (factory) and ground

P2 (Mute) switches between open and ground