AVIC411.com

USB/SD Card ** PROCEDURES**

To Everyone out there:

I have a Z120BT,

I've spent quite a few days and FINALLY "REALLY" figured out what the problem is with playing videos from USB or SD Card.

Everyone on this site keeps saying it's the bitrate or resolution: I can only agree with a few or some.

In general it's not very confusing if ONE were to refer to the Pioneer Manual on Page 210,

It specifically says: for all USB or SD "VIDEO" playback you must have the following:

(1) For .Avi extensions: you MUST use "Mpeg4" as your video codec. Please, "NO DIVX" and then follow the appropriate bitrates and resolutions according to Page 210.

(2) For .Mp4 and .M4v extensions: you MUST use again "Mpeg4" or "H.264" as your video codec. Please, "NO DIVX" as the codec and follow the appropriate bitrates and resolutions according to Page 210.

(3) Last but not least, For .WMV (which some guys on the site says it's not possible), use ONLY "WMV" as your codec. Again, "NO DIVX" as your codec and also follow the appropriate resolutions and bitrates.

** I personally make it simple: .mp4 extension (with Mpeg4 as my codec), and 768Kbps as my Bitrate, and 320Kbps for Audio bitrate (great sound btw), and I've used up to 640 x 480 resolution (looks great on the screen).

Hope this helps. Please be reminded that different encoding programs: for example, DVDFab 8 versus, WinXDVD Ripper versus Any Video Converter, all have their OWN style of representing the encoding. Get used to the program first. I personally use "Any Video Converter", and it works great!

Enjoy Guys! or Gals!

• 1 month later...

followed ur instructions and everything works perfectly from the SD to my z130... only thing im wonderin is whats the best resolution to get full screen? at 640 x 480 some of my vids come out super widescreen and there are big dvd lines on the top and bottom.

i tried higher resolutions but they wouldn't play.

is there a resolution that u've tested that'll make the vids full screen and still look sharp?

Thanks, m3fan ! i follows your guides and converted bluray movies with Handbrake's normal profile and movies look awesome on my avic-z130bt.

Have to 2nd this. Used handbrake normal profile, with m3fan specs.

I personally make it simple: .mp4 extension (with Mpeg4 as my codec), and 768Kbps as my Bitrate, and 320Kbps for Audio bitrate (great sound btw), and I've used up to 640 x 480 resolution (looks great on the screen).