AVIC411.com

What do I need to install an AVIC-X930BT in a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Hello all,

Sorry if this has been posted else where, I have searched these forumns with "2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee", but I'm still confused. I am not savvy when it comes to auto electronics.

I have a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee, with the factory CD player in it (Not the navigation unit). I want to upgrade to the AVIC-X930BT. I have searched the web to see if a double din unit would fit in my Jeep and I have been getting different answers. On the crutchfield site, after putting my car info in, it says it will NOT FIT. I talked to a Best Buy salesman, and they said it will but I will have to buy a harness and a kit for it to fit (But the lady didn't know what part #'s they were, she said to google them). Can someone please help me? Can it fit in my Jeep and are these the right parts that I need?

On another post, the mentioned the the Metra 99-6510 Dash Kit located here

But I also found this here. Which Kit do I need?

For the harness, is this what I need? Harness. Or is it something completely different?

Please help, I need to know if it will fit in a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee and if so, what kit and harness do I need?

Here is what I plan on getting:

AVIC-X930BT

iPod cable (CD-1U50V)

Sirius Satellite Package (CD-SB10 and SCC1)

Steering Wheel Controls (Axxess ASWC) - I need this to keep the volume and change track buttons on my steering wheel working, right? (Not 100% sure if I'm going to get this or not).

Thanks for any help!

you have both kits correct.

As far as your harness, do you have a grand Cherokee or grand Cherokee Laredo? If you have the premium sound system, your going to need the Metra CHTO-01 interface harness.

And I recommend getting the XM tuner- GEX-920XM. The GUI is a lot better. Plus Sirius hardware will be obsolete later down the road. SiriusXM will be focusing on XM hardware going forward. The channels are the same.

ASWC retain all steering wheel controls.

ok heres a little clarification on Grand Cherokee's

there are two different dash sizes, if your car does not have factory nav, then they dont make a dash kit for your car to be able to put a double din into it. the cars that do have the factory nav option, have a much bigger opening for the radio, so there is plenty of room for a double din.

now the car its self has the mounting holes for BOTH radios, BUT you will have to replace the factory dash trim around the radio (the plastic piece with the heater vents) with the one out of a jeep that has factory nav. finding this piece is the only tricky part as there are many options, i have ordered this piece from the dealer a few times for customers, but you cant just tell them which piece you want, they have to look it up by VIN numbers (and your vin will have the wrong part, so its easiest to find the correct year car with the factory NAV option and the right color and get the vin off of that) but this takes time and luck to find the right car, there are also places online that will sell you the part for much cheaper, you will just have to track down the correct part number.

so you will need a

dash kit (the first kit that you linked to)

wire harness(the link you posted will only work if you dont have the premium sound option)

antenna adapter

and the factory nav dash bezel (the second kit that you linked to)

i also like to recommend the XM equipment over the Sirius just because it has much fewer problems and the antenna's last so much longer