AVIC411.com

XM May 6th 2011 Logo Update...D/N/F/Zx series!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Vandal thanks for all the hard work. Its much appreciated. I had a quick question. I have a Z110, upgraded to a Z120. I do not see anything in my parent forum for how to load these in. Do I just need to take my 120 update SD card and copy it to my PC and sub in your files and write to another SD card and then insert into Nav? Will it then do a "update" similar to when I did the 110 to 120 update? Will it see the SD card and just reinstall all the software?

Thanks.

2 Issues I've found:

1 - Channel 11 (ID 21) is mis-named. It should be "KIIS"

2 - There's no way to "save" or "save as" the channel lineup because it wants an xml file that doesn't exist.

Great work though, love it!

Hey Vandal thanks for all the hard work. Its much appreciated. I had a quick question. I have a Z110, upgraded to a Z120. I do not see anything in my parent forum for how to load these in. Do I just need to take my 120 update SD card and copy it to my PC and sub in your files and write to another SD card and then insert into Nav? Will it then do a "update" similar to when I did the 110 to 120 update? Will it see the SD card and just reinstall all the software?

Thanks.

JasonH posted a video on the 2nd page of this topic.

• 2 weeks later...

After browsing the "AVIC Z 5-6-2011 Logo Update" files, I have noticed that many of the channel logos do not correspond with the correct channel numbers. Are the file names of the logo not suppose to correspond with the channel number? Do the channel logos appear correct on the HU when updated?

The logo filenames correspond to the non-public permanent channel IDs. The public channel numbers equivalens are defined XMDAT file but can be dynamically changed by XM at any time. The documentation for the XM logo generator has the technical details.

Thanks for the logo pack!

This may be a dumb question, but do the channels remain the same for all the different subscriber levels that are available from Sirius XM?

What I mean is, the "Full" channel lineup from their website shows channel 163 as Bollywood... but when I download the channel lineup for my package: "XM Select", it shows 163 as something else... So on my Z2, when I go to channel 163, it has the generic logo... Is this where I need to use the logo tool to create my own custom channel lineup?

Thanks again for the great updates!

All channels have a permanent non-public ID number (not visible to users) and a public channel number/name. The numbers do not change based on the subscriber package...that would create mass confusion. All the channels, with their numbers, are listed in the channel guide PDF on the XM/Sirius website. If XM changes a channel name it will break the logo. This can be fixed by the using the logo generator program to create an updated XMDAT.DAT file.

2 Issues I've found:

1 - Channel 11 (ID 21) is mis-named. It should be "KIIS"

2 - There's no way to "save" or "save as" the channel lineup because it wants an xml file that doesn't exist.

Great work though, love it!

On #1, I'll check out the KISS channel tonight, are you saying that XM has screwed up the channel name and it now shows as "KIIS"? If so, that is likely a screwup on their end that will get fixed.

Regarding question 2, I assume your talking about the logo generator. The "Save/Load" functions let you save/re-load any changes you make to the channel mapping in the logo generator itself, when you click "Save" (If you have not loaded a file) or "Save As" you are prompted to pick the filename you want to use, just as it you were saving a file in Word or Excel.

On #1, I'll check out the KISS channel tonight, are you saying that XM has screwed up the channel name and it now shows as "KIIS"? If so, that is likely a screwup on their end that will get fixed.

Regarding question 2, I assume your talking about the logo generator. The "Save/Load" functions let you save/re-load any changes you make to the channel mapping in the logo generator itself, when you click "Save" (If you have not loaded a file) or "Save As" you are prompted to pick the filename you want to use, just as it you were saving a file in Word or Excel.

Actually there are 3 channels... 11 is KIIS (that IS correct because my car downloads the new graphics automatically), 12 is z100/NY, and 13 is WLTW. I put the PNG files here to verify.

post-52628-0-97397700-1309895495_thumb.png

post-52628-0-04972900-1309895505_thumb.png

post-52628-0-60723300-1309895512_thumb.png

Can somebody get me a copy of the original AVIC-X920BT XM files . I completely forgot to back mine up. Thank You!

Also I noticed, most of the stations under the category "more" do not display the corresponding station logos. It just displays the generic logo

XM does not provide category logos and so there is only what Pioneer provides and they did not make a logo for all the categories.

Actually there are 3 channels... 11 is KIIS (that IS correct because my car downloads the new graphics automatically), 12 is z100/NY, and 13 is WLTW. I put the PNG files here to verify.

Yep, I see it in the new channel guide PDF..they changed those darned commercial stations again. I will have to run a new logo extract and put an updated release out.

Vandal, thanks for the great tool and all your effort creating the new logos - it definitely is time consuming! Attached is an updated pack for the Zxxx series that includes the logos for KIIS, Z100, and WLTW. This pack works with the AVIC-X920BT as well. I've also attached the photoshop source files for easy resizing to the other receiver types in case someone is interested. The PNG logos inside are from the XM channel guide PDF captured at 800%.

Edit: On second look, I'm not sure if photoshop saved the images at their original resolution, so maybe the photoshop files aren't so useful for the other receiver types.

AVIC Zxxx 7-6-2011 Logo Update.zip

Photoshop Sources.zip

Vandal, thanks for the great tool and all your effort creating the new logos - it definitely is time consuming! Attached is an updated pack for the Zxxx series that includes the logos for KIIS, Z100, and WLTW. This pack works with the AVIC-X920BT as well. I've also attached the photoshop source files for easy resizing to the other receiver types in case someone is interested. The PNG logos inside are from the XM channel guide PDF captured at 800%.

Edit: On second look, I'm not sure if photoshop saved the images at their original resolution, so maybe the photoshop files aren't so useful for the other receiver types.

That will help people for that unit until I can re-run the image extraction. In order to get the maximum size images in the best quality and preserve transparency across all logos and all AVIC units, I have to remove all the text and graphics from the PDF except the logos pull 319 PNG images of it in increment ranges between 60 DPI to 1100 DPI. That step is still manuall unfortunately, click...enter DPI...save... 319 times. After that I can run my program that finds the largest DPI logo that will fit for every series size.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys new to the site. I have a avic x930 in my truck and my satellite radio (Sirius) has no images at all just the numbers. I have the condi hack/testmode on an sd and am able to load it etc. have back up of user file. I was wondering how I can get the images i'm just guessing that it will be a different root director to paste the images in other than where JasonH does in his youtube video. Any help is greatly appreciated.