AVIC411.com

XM May 6th 2011 Logo Update...D/N/F/Zx series!

Which file size(s) are you looking at or expecting? You are going to end up with a slightly larger ISO after doing the replace because there are more station logos than previously, plus some obsolete logo files are still going to be present. The individual PIM files in the logo are the same size as the old ones.

I did have a problem with some ISO editing tools in the past with the Pioneer DVD images. You need a tool like Ultra ISO that lets you edit the ISO image contents "in place", you cannot rebuild an new ISO from scratch files or you will lose the needed Pioneer image paramters in place of generic PC based image.

OK Ive got the downloaded Pioneer cndv100mt it is the verified correct file size (found info on this site), I open it with ultraiso, use the "add files" to replace the existing files and overwrite them with the new ones then burn disc from ultraiso, is that the wrong way to do it??? What method should I be using??? Thanks for any and all help you can give me.....

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much for making this. This is such an awesome tool. I do have a question though. I have Z110bt and would love to change the logo background to black. How do I go about doing this? I noticed with the Zx series output it is possible by editing the two files ZXXXLargeBackground.bmp and ZXXXSmallBackground.bmp. I can't seem to generate a black background for the ZXXX series using the Generator.

Thanks.

Well I re burned a disc with ultraiso and it verified as ok, put it in the D3 and it upgraded fine, problem is I still can get the deck to get past the insert appropriate disc, go into service menu and GPS program shows as NG, disc shows version 1.5, pretty sure Im gonna have to send the deck to someone to get fixed... damn it!

There are no category logo updates in this release as all the major categories are covered. I have no source for category images as XM does not provide them.

OK, but will this nuke the *existing* category logos and replace them with blank images? Or will the existing category logos remain unchanged if someone uses this??

Here's an amusing post from the Pioneer Facebook team about if/when THEY would ever provide a channel logo update....not to mention map updates. Pretty disappointing...

"Unfortunately, there is no easy answer for your question.

Channel line-up changes are at the discretion of Sirius-XM. In order to ensure that our GEX-P920XM is backwards compatible with practically any Pioneer "P-bus" radio, our products feature channel artwork that is stored in local memory (as opposed to being received via the same satellite data connection as the audio and text). As a result, although you should be receiving the new channel related text, the artwork for any revised channels is the default universal channel icon.

In the past, we have been able to update channel icon artwork in conjunction with a map software upgrade, however we have not been able to confirm with engineering at this time if it will be possible to include in the 2011 map upgrade (coming this summer) due to the late timing of the channel line-up changes from Sirius-XM.

Please stay tuned for more news regarding the 2011 map software upgrade! Thanks.

These guys are ok out of the gate, but their product support is horrible.

Here are the updated logo image packs for May 2011. If you wish to make a donation for this effort my paypal is vandal@racinginc.com. This is not a requirement as I will never charge money for these logo updates nor make conditions regarding their use.

Changes/Improvements/Issues:

- Image table update for all May 2011 XM lineup changes including new channels and channel name/number changes.

- Update of all images from the latest channel guide.

- Sports channels still alternate between "Sports XXX", "NBA XXX" etc. and "Sports Play-By-Play". The logo will only appear if the channel name uses the name with the number in it, i.e. "Sports 190" or "NBA 218", etc. There is no way to avoid this and at this time I still don't know which naming scheme is ideal to associate with the logo.

- There are no category logo updates in this release as all the major categories are covered. I have no source for category images as XM does not provide them.

Installing:

- You will need to know how to modify the media for your particular AVIC series. See the stickied posts in the hacks/mod forum related to your unit for details.

- Locate the folder containing the XMCAT, XMDAT, XMLPS, and XMDPS directory. On the Z series this the AV subdirectory of the SDAT volume. On the F series this was reported to be MyFlashDisk/DATA/XM. On the D/N series these folders are in the root directory of the 2 map DVDs.

- As always when doing such updates on the Z and F series be sure to make backups of your XMCAT, XMDAT, XMLPS, and XMDPS directories.

- Simply copy the files in the pack over any existing files for each directory (XMCAT, XMDAT, XMLPS, and XMDPS). Do not delete any files.

Attached here is Zx series. These have been fully tested on a Z3. This is NOT for the new Zxxx series.

OK, but will this nuke the *existing* category logos and replace them with blank images? Or will the existing category logos remain unchanged if someone uses this??

Thanks so much for making this. This is such an awesome tool. I do have a question though. I have Z110bt and would love to change the logo background to black. How do I go about doing this? I noticed with the Zx series output it is possible by editing the two files ZXXXLargeBackground.bmp and ZXXXSmallBackground.bmp. I can't seem to generate a black background for the ZXXX series using the Generator.

Thanks.

I would have to make an updated version of the logo generator to support that, it didn't occur that someone whould want to do that as it looks like the logo background is meant to mesh in to the larger background as a whole or I would have had it use the files instead of embedding them in the EXE which I did to save time and avoid all kinds of error checking. The two bitmap files are just there as a technical example.

There is no updated XMCAT subdirectory in this logo release and thus no change to category images which reside in that directory. The existing category images should work. The category logos are purely a Pioneer invention, XM doesn't provide these and so there is no official source for category images in order to create new ones. Pioneer does not provide a logo for every category. The data image table should have the same category logo/name settings as were provided from the last Pioneer map update.

Hello fellow Pioneers...

Is there a way to update the logos in my X920BT with GEX-P920XM XM Satellite Tuner attached to it? And if so which file set to use from the beginning of this post..

Thank you Michael

Yes, with testmode and the F series pack.

After browsing the "AVIC Z 5-6-2011 Logo Update" files, I have noticed that many of the channel logos do not correspond with the correct channel numbers. Are the file names of the logo not suppose to correspond with the channel number? Do the channel logos appear correct on the HU when updated?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the logo pack!

This may be a dumb question, but do the channels remain the same for all the different subscriber levels that are available from Sirius XM?

What I mean is, the "Full" channel lineup from their website shows channel 163 as Bollywood... but when I download the channel lineup for my package: "XM Select", it shows 163 as something else... So on my Z2, when I go to channel 163, it has the generic logo... Is this where I need to use the logo tool to create my own custom channel lineup?

Thanks again for the great updates!