AVIC411.com

my Z120BT got stolen :(((((

Ok, after about a year, one day I come to my car to get my sunglasses and I found it with smashed window and turn-up dash with stolen Z120 that loved….

Well, I think insurance will going to take care of everything for me but I had two questions

1) How does it work can I just get a check for the replacement unit ? (Maybe I want to get a different one.)

2) Is there a security kit for units like this that we can buy? I do remember back in a day there where such a cases with a handle which it would slide in and out easily so you could take the unit with you. I can’t find anything on the internet.

I also attached couple of pictures too….

post-46873-0-29070200-1304954660_thumb.jpg

post-46873-0-33174400-1304954667_thumb.jpg

Ok, after about a year, one day I come to my car to get my sunglasses and I found it with smashed window and turn-up dash with stolen Z120 that loved….

Well, I think insurance will going to take care of everything for me but I had two questions

1) How does it work can I just get a check for the replacement unit ? (Maybe I want to get a different one.)

2) Is there a security kit for units like this that we can buy? I do remember back in a day there where such a cases with a handle which it would slide in and out easily so you could take the unit with you. I can’t find anything on the internet.

I also attached couple of pictures too….

The z120bt should have an antitheft password, however that will not bring the radio back, I don't understand why pioneer doesn't make the LCD screen detachable, that's what held me back from buying z120 and now z130, as of insurrance I don't know how it works as I don't have such coverage, I pay only $27/month for my car insurrance LOL.

Woah, they went to town on that car. The only real security feature is the password protection you can enable. It won't keep it from being stolen, but it gives you satisfaction knowing they cant' use it.

The insurance company should give you a check for the value of a new AVIC.

If a GPS can tell you where your at..... Why can't it be tracked? Should be able to pin point it.

lol...no. GPS is passive. GPS Trackers on the other hand are active devices that transmit their GPS location via radio, cellular, or other methods.

lol...no. GPS is passive. GPS Trackers on the other hand are active devices that transmit their GPS location via radio, cellular, or other methods.

Oh. When you say "passive" makes me think the GPS can only see signal, but can't admit signal. But GPS has to be able to admit signal to get location. So I'm still confused. Do all GPS units have no individual signature when it's working?

Oh. When you say "passive" makes me think the GPS can only see signal, but can't admit signal. But GPS has to be able to admit signal to get location. So I'm still confused. Do all GPS units have no individual signature when it's working?

GPS navigation devices are passive and do not emit a signal of any kind.

GPS tracking devices, take the regular (passively obtained) GPS data and transmit it (via a transmitter/transceiver) to it's monitoring service.

wOw.............

this is why i am afraid to install my Z120

my project

i am currently in the process of ordering 2 part foam to make a dash cover for my z120, the cover will look like a stock radio.

lol only made it as far as ordering the 2 part foam, looking on how to harden the foam.

Probably fiberglass

my goal with this project is to create a cover for the z120 that will make it look like a stock radio if any one know of any better way to go about this please let me know

Dummy Stock Headunit Faceplate

this is what i would like to create

My back windshield was broken out a couple months ago in a parking deck. Luckly they didnt get inside far enough to get my headunit. I immediately scoured craigslist. Picked up a $15 Ford Ranger radio, ripped it apart, glued the faceplate together and presto...perfect fit. Now whenever i am parked it is second nature to put the cover on. Makes it look like a piece of crap stocker.

wOw.............

this is why i am afraid to install my Z120

my project

i am currently in the process of ordering 2 part foam to make a dash cover for my z120, the cover will look like a stock radio.

lol only made it as far as ordering the 2 part foam, looking on how to harden the foam.

Probably fiberglass

my goal with this project is to create a cover for the z120 that will make it look like a stock radio if any one know of any better way to go about this please let me know

They sell kits for that, what car do you have? check here you may find your car model www.metraonline.com/

• 2 weeks later...