AVIC411.com

my Z120BT got stolen :(((((

Well I couldn’t pursue anything with the blood evidence since it was in private property and we all know police would of laughed at me to send a blood to lab for DNA testing specially for a radio theft ( a very nice radio theft) when there is a lot going on out there and probably the labs are backed up and behind too. But here is the good news, out of all this I did get a brand-new AVIC-Z130 and a brand-new dashboard (I had to through hell with my insurance company to get that) the car still is in the shop waiting for the dash to arrive and hopefully I’ll get my car sometime this week or the next but this time I’m improving my security system.

to avic_rez

what type of security are you willing to improve???????

to anyone out there

i live in NYC and and i drive a jeep grand Cherokee.i had 3 month with a z120bt with no problems. in April and may i have had 3 broken windows and 2 attempts on the head unit (thanks to my neighbors for there laud mouth lol. i decided to reinstall the stock radio, but n ow i am tire of using my phone and the stock radio unit when i have a good unit in the closet. my question...............do any one know of any shop in NYC (Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, and Brooklyn)that would do a costume part to make the z120bt look like a stock radio? or a faceplate (i know the thief is scoping out my jeep and would make another attempt )

the face plate that i bought looks fake (ebay)

or if any one would or willing to create a good enough looking faceplate for this unit.

to avic_rez

to anyone out there

i live in NYC and and i drive a jeep grand Cherokee.i had 3 month with a z120bt with no problems. in April and may i have had 3 broken windows and 2 attempts on the head unit (thanks to my neighbors for there laud mouth lol. i decided to reinstall the stock radio, but n ow i am tire of using my phone and the stock radio unit when i have a good unit in the closet. my question...............do any one know of any shop in NYC (Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, and Brooklyn)that would do a costume part to make the z120bt look like a stock radio? or a faceplate (i know the thief is scoping out my jeep and would make another attempt )

or if any one would or willing to create a good enough looking faceplate for this unit.

I already have the viper 2way security alarm but that it is useless if the remote is out of range and the thief is disconnecting the car battery so the improvements that I’m going to do is to use my old radio face and somehow make the AVIC go farther back so when I’m not in my car I can use the dummy radio face to cover it ( that is my main and the most important security measure ) second I’m going to improve the alarm system by installing the glass breaking sensor as well as backup battery but here where I can’t make a decision. I have found this locking system that it will lock the hood of your car and the only way you be able to open the hood is to use the key and unlock it, if I get that and install it easily I don’t think I’m going with the backup battery!

to avic_rez

to anyone out there

Got this idea off of another forum. Works like a charm and fits perfectly. Picked a Ranger stock radio up off of craigslist for $15.

How to make a decoy cover for your navigation unit (with pics)

Car radio manifacturers don't get it, they know that the code security system being failing for years but they still make them; where they can just make the face plate detachable, it doesn't add much to the cost of the radio, I guess they want the radio to be stollen so they can sell another one.