AVIC411.com

gps location AVIC-x930BT

I got my AVIC-x930BT a few weeks ago and my GPS location is at times a block away from my actual location. I didn't notice this in the first week or two, but now it is starting to get very annoying, I tried to manually change location but it doesn't help. any ideas?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine does the same, and others have reported this as well. For me, it happens when I first start the car. Once I take a turn here or there is is calibrated correctly. If I just drive in a straight line, it won't calibrate. I have to take a turn or two.

You might also try to turn off the "Keep Position On Road" setting. I found this to grab the road it thought I was on. Since I've turned it off, I also don't have map 'spins' at sudden stops (from the auto gyro still going). Also, when in a parking lot, with the setting 'On', it tries to put me on the nearest road. Setting 'Off', leaves me in the parking lot. Just my thoughts. Hope there's some help there.

hg