AVIC411.com

AVH-P4000 DVD video Issue

Hello I have looked through the forum and have not found that anyone has had this issue and am hoping that someone is able to help me solve it.

I have a P4000DVD unit and did the relay bypass for the DVD player and when I start the car I get the screen that says playing dvd's while in motion is illegal blah blah blah like normal and hit the OK button to go to the next screen but I still do not get video only audio. So the bypass is working but is not working...

The unit worked before I did the relay bypass, It was on a toggle switch so I know the unit works so I hope someone knows of something that I can check

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hello I have looked through the forum and have not found that anyone has had this issue and am hoping that someone is able to help me solve it.

I have a P4000DVD unit and did the relay bypass for the DVD player and when I start the car I get the screen that says playing dvd's while in motion is illegal blah blah blah like normal and hit the OK button to go to the next screen but I still do not get video only audio. So the bypass is working but is not working...

The unit worked before I did the relay bypass, It was on a toggle switch so I know the unit works so I hope someone knows of something that I can check

Thanks

check this out if you take an rca cut it off and plug it in to the video out on the unit and ground the ground side it should come on dont know why but it worked for me... let me know....

• 2 weeks later...

check this out if you take an rca cut it off and plug it in to the video out on the unit and ground the ground side it should come on dont know why but it worked for me... let me know....

Thanks a lot for this idea it worked perfectly! I can now watch movies in my car(while parked of course ;) )