AVIC411.com

F700BT - issues connecting the PAC SWI-PS steering wheel control

I am trying to get the PAC SWI-PS to work with my F700BT in a 2007 Honda Civic EX, and I don't seem to be able to do it. The instructions I got in the box with the PAC unit say to connect the red wire to ACC, the black wire to the ground, and then the white wire to Honda's pink radio wire.

The online instructions (http://www.pac-audio.com/swixprogramming/showstepbystep.asp?InterfaceChecked=3&RadioGroupPioneer=0&mmSearch=Honda&Submit2=Search+Vehicles&ID=136), however, contradict the paper instructions. Online I am told to connect a resistor between the purple and white wires of the PAC unit, and also to connect one of Honda's brown radio wires to the ground.

I have tried both methods and I still don't seem to get the thing working.

The issue I'm having is that I cannot program the PAC unit. When it comes to pressing the volume up and down, the LED on the PAC unit doesn't turn back on, like it's supposed to.

Do you guys know if the PAC unit is even compatible with the F700BT, and if it is, what am I doing wrong?

Appreciate any help you can provide. Thank you!

Got it to work. The problem was actually with the instructions provided by pac-audio.com, as well as the instructions I got from the 8th gen Civic forum.

The instructions I followed, which ultimately led me to resolve the issue are found here: http://www.pac-audio.com/SWI/SWIAppGuide.aspx?appguideid=342&swiModel=Civic&swiYear=2007&swiMake=Honda&swiProduct=SWI-PS&swiRadioManu=Pioneer&swiOptions=Radio

Turns out that pac-audio.com has multiple sets of instructions for the same model car. The link above tells you to press the program button 9 times. The link from my first post told me to press the program button 3 times.