AVIC411.com

No AM reception on AVIC X920BT

Hi All,

New to the forums and new to Pioneer AVIC series. OK - so I picked up a display model AVIC X920BT today for $499. Got it all installed in my brand new 2011 Jeep Liberty - satellite antenna, microphone - the works.

First off - this receiver is awesome! It made the factory speakers come to life! I love it. Bluetooth streaming from my iPad, voice commands, NAV! BUT one thing is killing me - no AM radio reception! I rely on AM in the morning for traffic and weather reports. The AM receiver in the radio is good because I connected a simple wire to the antenna and picked up my local news station - although pretty crappy.

The car is a 2011 Jeep Liberty that came with the base radio - which does receive AM stations just fine. But not the Pioneer - and not the Jensen I tried before the Pioneer.

So what is the deal with the antenna on a 2011 Jeep? FM works fine - but no AM reception. In all my years messing around with car stereo I have never seen anything like this!

Anyone have any ideas?

OK - after reviewing all the wiring diagrams I did notice the Jeep had a wire that was called out as amplified antenna - Pin 7, hooded that up to the Remote Control wire from the Pioneer and BAM - AM reception. Weak signal until I ran BSM - then all was good.

Thanks

Don

• 3 weeks later...