AVIC411.com

Considering the Z120BT, had some questions

I am thinking of purchasing a Z120BT and had a few questions, I would appreciate your input.

1: Is the BT really that bad? I've heard horror stories and no fix is mentioned? Can I install a separate BT unit? I got an old Pioneer BTsomething that worked perfectly on my AVIC-D3

2: Is there a 3.5mm jack? I want to run the headphone wire from the iPad as an input?

3: Is there a wire that will charge & play the iPad?

4: I've heard lots of complaints and people calling it a "POS", should I get something different?

I am thinking of purchasing a Z120BT and had a few questions, I would appreciate your input.

1: Is the BT really that bad? I've heard horror stories and no fix is mentioned? Can I install a separate BT unit? I got an old Pioneer BTsomething that worked perfectly on my AVIC-D3

2: Is there a 3.5mm jack? I want to run the headphone wire from the iPad as an input?

3: Is there a wire that will charge & play the iPad?

4: I've heard lots of complaints and people calling it a "POS", should I get something different?

BT is built-in. Nothing else needed. However, some have upgraded the factory mic.

It is highly recommended (as in - don't come back complaining) to use the Pioneer ipod cable. The HU has a USB and A/V cable that not only charges the ipod, but gives you control of playback and song/video selection. The audio quality using the earphone jack on the ipod is 3rd rate. If you don't get the Pioneer ipod cable, you'll regret it. And don't bother with cheap knock-offs. More trouble than they are worth.