AVIC411.com

II have been asked to post instructions for streaming audio to the AVIC.

I have an avic-z1 updated to z-3. It did the same thing before updating to z3.

I am using the iphone 3gs and the CD-BTB200.

As far as exactly what I did, that is foggy, I was playing around to get it to work.

As best as I can remember.

Place the iphone in discover mode.

Select ext 2 option under av and push band button until BT audio appears.

I may have fumbled around from here to get things to work. The options are non specific and you may need to try the non descript up and down arrows.

It streams ANYTHING you play from the iphone, audio only.

At times I have had to pause playback on the pioneer head unit to get streaming to work.

I can do all these things mentioned using the regular iphone cord also. Police scanner apps, coast to coast radio Pandora, anything works.

Sound quality is as good as any other method of play.

If someone calls me on my phone while using this the phone will answer or not depending on the settings on the AVIC, again you got to play around and hit some buttons for the non descript options.

I do not use this for a phone so I hate it when people call, they can’t hear me and the pioneer switches to bt audio from any other mode when they call, actually phone mode which is the other option under band button within the ext 2 menu.

My address book will not copy although I have got the pioneer to attempt it. Crutchfield sold me the bt unit and it does what I want, audio, not phone. My mike is fine; it’s the programming that I can’t defeat to get the address book in and stuff.

Good luck.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

im gonna try this and see if it works. Hopefully it will. Do I need to be updated to z3 for it to work? I have a z1. Its the only reason i want to get rid of it though. I can't use my iPod cord that i originally got and I have the old version of the maps. I just want to upgrade to the newest version of the maps available for my car and get bluetooth A2DP streaming capability. Any suggestions???

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey guys I just recently discovered the reason why my iPhone 4s doesn't work with my aviv z1

I tried 3 iPhones 4s'. And 1 worked perfectly.

2 of the 3 iPhones had bent or missing pins

In the charge port

The iPhone that had perfect pins worked and now I'm ordering the replacement data ports I found for $2.81 each on eBay

I'll keep u posted