AVIC411.com

d1 wont turn on and shuts off

the d1 was installed when i bought the car and i hooded up a rear backup camera to it i noticed that the bybass was done. is the bypass only for the d3??

latly it will take forever to start up and all my setting will be reset (sometimes) and the background pics set to orginal, and when im drivng it will randomly shut off i noticed the blue pioneer loading screen goes black for a second when it starts too. ALL CONNECTIONS ARE GOOD checked them 5 times. Could the bybass be causing this maybe the unit learned that the car is moving and brake is on?? i dont have the vss hooked up too

I have the 2010 maps on the way would this fix the problem???

got a 700mile trip coming next month need this to go away i have a garmin as a backup but rather use the d1.

ive done that trick with the dvd eject and resrt butten and got into that menu and cleared backup memory and reflashed. still happens seems to get worse and worse.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how you feel about ebay services. But there is a vendor that offers touch screen repairs for $85 (15 shipping) or whole unit fix for 125. They have over 2200 positive feedback (100%) .. might be worth checking out..

Below is a current auction link for the repair service..

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-AVIC-D1-AVIC-D2-REPAIR-SERVICE-YOUR-UNIT-/380172839077?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58841128a5