AVIC411.com

I just installed a $40 DP video camera for rear view

• 2 months later...

Wondering how did u get the lines for measurements on backup camera screen? Is there a mod or sth. I put up a 100 bucks one but the screen doesnt pop when reverse and it does not have the lines on screen either.

Camera came with the lines (I don't like them honestly)

As far as the screen not showing up, that is your wiring.

Camera came with the lines (I don't like them honestly)

unless you can adjust the lines, they are pretty much useless. sony radios can have these lines turned on and off, and they can be adjusted either pulling them closer or farther from the car and how wide the lines are.

As far as the screen not showing up, that is your wiring.

agreed, you either have a problem with your reverse wire not being connected or connected right, or its not turned on in your settings.

with the F series at least, as long as you shift into reverse pretty quickly after start up, it will show the camera within a couple of seconds, but there is a point in the boot process where after it gets to the point, you will have to wait much longer for the image to show.

so yes the camera will show up for all the people who hate their cars and drive away right after starting the engine up.

with the F series at least, as long as you shift into reverse pretty quickly after start up, it will show the camera within a couple of seconds, but there is a point in the boot process where after it gets to the point, you will have to wait much longer for the image to show.

so yes the camera will show up for all the people who hate their cars and drive away right after starting the engine up.

Yep at least till the point it's loading the NAV and then it figures you don't need your BU Cam anymore and turns it off. This while your still trying to back up.

• 2 weeks later...

unless you can adjust the lines, they are pretty much useless. sony radios can have these lines turned on and off, and they can be adjusted either pulling them closer or farther from the car and how wide the lines are.

agreed, you either have a problem with your reverse wire not being connected or connected right, or its not turned on in your settings.

I wouldn't rate them as useless - when parking in my garage, they give a very good indication of distance to door - I wouldn't buy a camera without them...

As a side note - EBay has car specific cams that look just like factory (for many cars - cost ~ $40) - the lines are more detailed on the ones I've bought... You can also tell if a penny is heads or tails (detail)...

Having a factory fit means no mounting hassle :-)