AVIC411.com

iPhone 4 gives me sound but no video

I own a pioneer AVH-P4300DVD im trying to use the app mode feature thru youtube and netflix i can hear the video and the phone does recognize my radio but i have no picture on my display. i do have a bypass switch placed on the radio when it was installed could this possibly contribute to the problem of me not being able to see video. ive tried several different phones and have had the same results can anyone help?

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have the same issue with my AVH-P8400BH. I can hear the music playing through the speakers of the vehicle, and the device states that video is being displayed to an external device but I don't see anything on the screen. The rgb setting is set to iPhone.

I've tried a 2nd gen iTouch and also 2nd Gen iPad.

I can play videos from every other source, sd card, usb flash drive, dvd with the parking by pass in place.

Is there something else I'm missing?

Hello VBlue42,

I bought my cable (Pioneer CDIU201S) from Amazon. I'm considering taking this out and selling it because it's not working as it should unless you have any other ideas. One thing I may try is that connecting the cable directly to the head unit because right now I'm using a usb extension cable on usb1.

VBlue42,

You are correct. The problem is the usb extension cable. When I removed the head unit and connected the pioneer CDIU201S cable directly to the head unit, everything worked fine. I was able to see and hear videos from Youtube, the default video player on the iTouch 2nd gen. Also app mode worked which before it displayed a blank screen. So I may check out Best Buy for a usb extension cable because the CDIU201S is way too short to run from the head unit to the glove box. Monoprice has the same cable for a lot cheaper so if it's not in my best buy store I'll buy it online.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Monoprice has the same cable for a lot cheaper so if it's not in my best buy store I'll buy it online.

Again you are likely to run to the same issue sense most of these non dealers cary the cheap knock off cables. Always remember you get what you pay for. Buy it from an authorized dealer if you want to avoid the issues you are having now.

Ok, the Best Buy near me had a 12ft cable for $34.99 and a 6ft HP Cable for $24.99 and monoprice had a 3ft cable $0.99 (6ft cable $1.30).

So I took another gamble and got the cable from Monoprice and paid $6.00 for 2 day delivery. This time it paid off. 3ft cord was just right. I've could of gotten it a little longer but then again it's more cord to wrap up. From the back of the HU, it reaches just past the glove box but not touching the passenger seat. Tested everything and it works fine. I can play Youtube videos, Hulu videos, and videos I've downloaded to the itouch. It works just as the official Pioneer app radio video described it. At first I was so frustrated with the Pioneer CDIU201S cable because it's thick, expensive and wasn't working with the D-Link usb extension cable I had laying around the house. (for some reason my avh-p8400bh didn't come with a usb cable although it should have).

Thanks again VBlue42, if it didn't work out this time I would of went with the Best Buy or J&R Music world (their prices were a bit better)