AVIC411.com

It has nothing to do with the unit. For the app to display it has to support video out. Currently Motion X appears to be the only app that supports video out. However if you have a jailbroken iPhone you can get just about any app to display on the unit.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm new here, i have just bought the AVH-3300BT and installed yesterday.

I was just googling the head unit for what it can do and noticed VLBUE has mentioned about jailbroken iPhones being able to get just about any app to display on the unit.

How do you get this to work ? My iPhone is Jailbroken.

Thanks in advance :)

Finally managed to get some photos of the new head unit, I am totally in love with this stereo, it is pure amazing for the money it costs, the leads out the front are a pain in the backside but a small price to pay for what the head unit does. I have ordered some angled USB and 3.5mm adaptors so hopefully I can hide the cables.

Many thanks for the info on DISPLAY OUT, works really well :D

Some photos:

Radio:

1c42a71d.jpg

Spotify Music App:

39c9a614.jpg

TomTom Sat Nav:

f4d490cb.jpg

Facebook:

0d5528b7.jpg

Internet:

9a9b1589.jpg

it is pretty damn amazing for the money. nice setup and nice VW.

It certainly is, I am looking for excuses to go for a drive just to play with it. :lol:

How did you know it was a VW ? I have had the car for 3 years now and spent a fair amount of money on it recently.

well, i'm a fan of VW interiors and VWs in general although i don't drive one at the moment. and the polo GTi forum you're browsing gives it away. :)

of course, totally forgot I was on the polo forum when I took that photo :lol:

I must admit, I bought the polo because of the interior, I really like the dash set up. The seats were recently removed and swapped with seats out of a new Golf GTI.

The only problem i have at the moment is finding somewhere to mount the iphone.

Really happy to see these pictures. I've been waiting on my pioneer ____200V cable(can't remember the exact name) for a week and finally got it and plugged it in today. Unfortunately the video isn't working yet. I'm still troubleshooting why and I don't want to hijack your thread, but I'm just happy to see that you have spotify up on the display. Looks like I'll have to jailbreak my iPhone now. (I hope there are no big downsides to that. :/)

One burning question though... I have the 4300dvd; will I have all of the same display capabilities you're showing off a few posts up?

It will be the same on the 4300DVD as long as you have the genuine lead and your phone is jailbroke and you have downloaded the DISPLAY OUT package through Cydia (It cost me $2.99 for the package which was about £1.87 in UK money)

My phone was jailbroken as soon as I took it out of the box and I have had no problems with it at all.

Spotify will work on the unit even if you do not have a jailbroken phone, you just get no display on the screen. The head unit can control the tracks in your spotify playlist as well.