AVIC411.com

AVIC-N2 and XM trouble (GEX-P10XMT) - Problem Solved

This problem first occured during a long 3 hour trip. I was doing about 75 on the interstate and the XM just cut out for no reason. The XM button became greyed out and I couldnt select it again from the input menu. I first checked the fuse and the ground on the XM and both were good. I then tested the IPBUS cable and the data cable with an ohm meter and both were good. I figured it was the XM unit that was defective so I picked up another unit and plugged it in with the new wires and antenna. I got the same problem. Does this mean the brain is bad? Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it?

jerzboi83,

I had a similar problem with av input. Not sure if this will work for you but select FM then touch the screen this will bring 3 icons press setup then xm icon. Again, not sure if this will work for you but this is what I have to do when adding anything to AV.

Good luck,

bcd1

• 2 weeks later...

The unit came back from Pioneer and it is still not working. I'm waiting for a call back from tech support.

To update, I was driving on a highway at about 75 mph and my XM cut out for no reason so far as I can tell. The XM button on the source menu had become greyed out. I pulled over to do a quick check on the power supply and to make sure all the cables were plugged in and the unit still did not work. When I got back home I tested the power cable, the IP-BUS cable, the 30-pin yellow cable, the XM antenna, and the data cable with a meter and all were good. I've pressed both reset buttons, and formatted the flash memory and reinstalled the firmware. The unit still wasn't working. I then bought a new XM unit and installed it with all the new wires. It still didn't work. I called Pioneer and they said it was the flex cable on the head unit. I sent in the unit for the cable upgrade and got it back today. I put it back into my car, pressed the reset buttons and powered it on. The XM button is still greyed out. Im waiting for a call back from Pioneer that I probably won't get until monday. Its been almost two weeks since I've had to deal with the horror of commercial radio and the stone-age CDA format CDs. If anyone has any ideas of what I can do in the meantime please let me know. I'm desperate to get my XM working again.

I know you said you checked most of the cables, but did you check if maybe the ground for the XM tuner has a solid connection? Where is it grounded, and where are you getting power for the XM tuner?

Well I'll be damned it was the ground. :oops: I've checked it with the meter and it was giving me a good reading but the connection was loose. I got so tied up in thinking it was something else I didnt bother to check the ground. Good thing you said something otherwise I'd still be losing my mind over it. Thanks a lot for bringing that to my attention.