AVIC411.com
bird333

Is there add'l hardware in the Z130 for RDS?

There is an extra box that plugs in in-line with the antenna lead on the Z130. It is for the traffic tuner and RDS as far as I know. I have not seen any RDS info come up on screen on my Z130, so I don't know if it works.

Why would you use analog FM when you have all FM stations on HD-Radio tuner and all data transmitted digitally, what do you need RDS for?

Because that's where the traffic data is. HD makes sense in the future, but it is relatively new and not widely used/supported. It doesn't have enough market penetration. In the US, most of the RDS traffic info is sent over Clear Channel stations. It is old, stable technology. This isn't a Pioneer decision, it is a defacto standard.

Guy's hate to break it to you but all of the units since the 110 have had RDS. They just dont support the full RDS specs like traffic alerts. For that on the Z120 updated you will need the traffic module.

Guy's hate to break it to you but all of the units since the 110 have had RDS. They just dont support the full RDS specs like traffic alerts. For that on the Z120 updated you will need the traffic module.

Can someonw with a 110 confirm this? Are you able to get RDS data?