AVIC411.com

Ok I had read on here somewhere that someone was putting custom gauges in their avic-n?, hopefully the N3 cause I would like to do it to mine, any clue where the post is found? I tried to search but I couldnt find it.

Second is there any type of mp3 storage you can get for the n3 that can be controled by the touch screen? Pioneer said no but they gotta have something out there, If anyone knows kenwood systems, something like the music keg is what Im looking for but it doesnt have to have a removable harddrive

• 2 weeks later...

Try an iPod. Any iPod with a dock connector can be controlled from the screen. You just need the iPod interface and you can connect the iPod to it for full control.

I actually purchased a used 60 GB iPod photo to store in my car filled with music. I take it out about once a month and put some new music on it.

That's about the only way to get a system setup with controls on the headunit...

ipod is pretty much your best option next to the external hard drive media player that some have mentioned here.

the gauges, are part of the vehicle dynamics and are already within the avic unit. you can change the background and that is probably what you saw.