AVIC411.com

I got mine in yesterday and installed it into my '08 Fit last night....

I was pretty let down by many aspects of the radio... things that I feel would be a non issue if there was even a little bit of feedback from Installers and some usability testing from real world people

all the price one pays for being an early adopter i suppose :)

How can there be any feedback if you are the first person to own one? Anyway, what are you let down about?

Feedback as in "before we release this, we'll let some installers have at it the install and let some actual people use it and give us some feedback"..... that's pretty much standard operating procedure for ANY product

My list of gripes, uggghh: blog post and pics

I will say though, I feel a little better about it today as I ordered a nice PAC line level converter today and have a line on getting an extension for the GPS antenna..... most of the rest of my issues with it can be fixed with software updates

You almost never see anyone get there hands on one of these products before it is released. The only instance I know of has been to the admin of this very site when the F90BT was released. He got about a week before it was released. And even then that product was so bad on release it didn't matter. Regardless you are now that person so feedback away.

Feedback as in "before we release this, we'll let some installers have at it the install and let some actual people use it and give us some feedback"..... that's pretty much standard operating procedure for ANY product

My list of gripes, uggghh: blog post and pics

I will say though, I feel a little better about it today as I ordered a nice PAC line level converter today and have a line on getting an extension for the GPS antenna..... most of the rest of my issues with it can be fixed with software updates

Finally read your blog. Wow, what a bummer. Now I don't know if I want to install it. I didn't think it could be worse than the F series.

You almost never see anyone get there hands on one of these products before it is released.

When i had my shop i got a few things "early" to test it out, but was under strict NDA to keep quiet about it... there is no way stuff like this goes from design to manufacturing to stocked on shelves before "real world" testing.... hmmm, except for the case of the AppRadio :-)