AVIC411.com

I saw this update zip posted on pioneer.eu

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/support/software/AVIC-F900BT/index.html#download_244

AVIC_F700BT_F900BT_CNSD200FM_VER_4001000.zip

Can we manually copy these files over the latest 3.02 files and get 4.001? Is there a hacked ezrider for the 4.0?

I've searched all these forums before posting and I haven't seen anyone ask this. I'd also really like to get the latest wince image (I didn't see one in the .zip file).. does anyone have this?

Anyone?

---------

The F500 update looks like it updates the AVIC s/w and iGO s/w only. It does not contain any firmware (WinCE) update. I will download the x710 update and check the contents. But I don't think you can use the s/w update without firmware update.

So i went ahead and installed this on my F90BT since I had to put the TeleAtlas 09.2010 maps on anyways. It loaded fine, I just copied and pasted the files over existing files in test mode, i didn't use the installer....... I have Dafitia's mods installed. Apparently this new update once again changes a bunch of RES files for where different graphics are located for example. When I clicked on iPod, it showed the FM Radio Logo. a bunch of other graphics were messed up. It has to do with something in the APL folder although I couldn't figure it out because most of the exe file versions are the same when compared to 3.02 files in the property details. I dunno, I didn't try it stock without Dafitia's mod, it is possible it would work fine with all stock files intact but I prefer my mods and no nag screens and no reverse camera text.

Anyone else report your findings.

I tried with stock. Overwrote the 3.1 torrent files with the 4.001 update. I then overwrote/copied the 3.1 ezrider file over again to replace the 4.001 ezrider. It worked fine with the correct graphics. I also prefer Dafitia's Mods. Maybe we can get Dafitia involved?

AEDan1977, which ezrider file did you use with the 09.2010 maps?

Does anyone have the wince.img file from the 4.00 SD cards?

So i went ahead and installed this on my F90BT since I had to put the TeleAtlas 09.2010 maps on anyways. It loaded fine, I just copied and pasted the files over existing files in test mode, i didn't use the installer....... I have Dafitia's mods installed. Apparently this new update once again changes a bunch of RES files for where different graphics are located for example. When I clicked on iPod, it showed the FM Radio Logo. a bunch of other graphics were messed up. It has to do with something in the APL folder although I couldn't figure it out because most of the exe file versions are the same when compared to 3.02 files in the property details. I dunno, I didn't try it stock without Dafitia's mod, it is possible it would work fine with all stock files intact but I prefer my mods and no nag screens and no reverse camera text.

Anyone else report your findings.

Edit - Nevermind, test mode is working now. Everything seems to be working correctly. Will keep an eye out for anything that seems different.

Seems like the phone layout is different somewhere. Not getting Send/End buttons when I'm on a call. Also, when it first boots up and it tells me that BT is connected, instead of one long window that pops up, there's two half sized ones. The text still runs along on both windows though. Something's a little off.

Before the update, when the unit boots up and it connects to BT, there's a pop up message that says BT has been connected. Now when it connects, there's one small box and a half box next to it and the message is on top of them. I think it's something with the image it uses for the pop up.

Also, when I'm on a call, the end and send buttons don't show up anymore. Just 2 empty squares where they're supposed to be. I will try to go back to the stock update with no mods to see how it works.

Edit - looks like your 4.0 update fixed the problem. Everything is showing up as it should. It must have been because I used the 3.2 tel.exe that you modded instead of the 4.0 one.

• 2 weeks later...

So far for me, it just feels a lot more stable which is great. Before, it used to load up into the Avic software then hang on the loading screen and not detect USB. After a few minutes, it would reboot itself and be ok again. The past few days, that hasn't happened at all. It boots up and completes loading and detects USB everytime.