AVIC411.com

Z130BT New Firmware Update

I just saw this on Pioneer's Website. Go out and get it if you don't have 3.001

NEW Free Firmware Update (Version 3.001) Available for

AVIC-Z130BT and AVIC-X930BT In-Dash Navigation Systems

June 22, 2011

Dear Valued Pioneer Customer:

We would like to inform you of the availability of a NEW free firmware update (version 3.001; released in

June 2011) for the Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT and AVIC-X930BT in-dash navigation systems.

This firmware update applies only to models sold in the United States.

This firmware update (version 3.001) contains improvements for Voice Recognition operation for the

AVIC-Z130BT and Aha Radio Hungry/Coffee content for the AVIC-Z130BT and AVIC-X930BT.

This notice explains how to obtain the free firmware update and how to determine if the update has already

been installed on an AVIC-Z130BT or AVIC-X930BT.

Even if you are not currently experiencing any issues with your AVIC-Z130BT or AVIC-X930BT in-dash

system, we still recommend that you install the free firmware update. Installation of the update should take

approximately ten minutes to complete.

HOW TO OBTAIN THE FREE FIRMWARE UPDATE:

Pioneer is offering the following four options for consumers to obtain the firmware update:

1. Download the update to a computer from here:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/PUSA/Files/CarFirmware/Z130BT_X930BT_FirmwareUpdate_3.001000.exe, and transfer it to an SD card for

insertion into the AVIC-Z130BT or AVIC-X930BT; OR

2. Order on-line an SD card containing the update by going to

http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/avicfirmware; OR

3. Order an SD card containing the free update by calling Pioneer Customer Service toll free at 800-

421-1404 and then transferring to the Parts Order Department; OR

4. Arrange for the in-dash AVIC-Z130BT or AVIC-X930BT system to be shipped to Pioneer for

installation of the update by calling Pioneer Customer Service toll free at 800-421-1404 and then

transferring to the Warranty & Service Department.

HOW TO DETERMINE IF THE FIRMWARE UPDATE HAS ALREADY

BEEN INSTALLED:

To determine if the new firmware update has already been installed on an AVIC-Z130BT or AVIC-X930BT,

please power on the system and do the following:

1. Press the "HOME" button, then touch the "Settings" tab;

2. Touch the "System Settings" tab, then touch the "Service Information" tab;

3. Press and hold the top left corner of the “Service Information†screen;

4. The "Platform version" number and the "Application version" number are both displayed --please

look at the "Application Version" number, which is displayed on the second line; and

5. If the "Version" number is "3.000" or an earlier/smaller number, please install the new firmware

update. If the "Version" number is "3.001" or a later/larger number, the system has already been

updated with the new firmware.

QUESTIONS:

If you have any questions, please contact Pioneer Customer Service toll free at 800-421-1404.

Pioneer service representatives are available Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.

(Eastern Time), except on holidays.

Sincerely,

Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.

Make sure you pay special attention to items 3-5:

4. The "Platform version" number and the "Application version" number are both displayed --please

look at the "Application Version" number, which is displayed on the second line; and

5. If the "Version" number is "3.000" or an earlier/smaller number, please install the new firmware

update. If the "Version" number is "3.001" or a later/larger number, the system has already been

Also, make sure you unzip the download and only copy the 110 folder to the card. No other data should be on the card.

Make sure you pay special attention to items 3-5:

Also, make sure you unzip the download and only copy the 110 folder to the card. No other data should be on the card.

with all due respect i do read and speak perfect english lol. the directions were followed to a t as stated in the OP

Any thoughts guys? I apologize if this has been gone over before.

I'd wait until the 130 update is out. The 130 firmware update to actual 130's may not be a full update and may only update certain items and folders in the 130 firmware. You could really screw up your 110 by trying to load that firmware even though most likely it will not allow the update.

I'd wait until the 130 update is out. The 130 firmware update to actual 130's may not be a full update and may only update certain items and folders in the 130 firmware. You could really screw up your 110 by trying to load that firmware even though most likely it will not allow the update.

Just to agree with this, when I had the 120 unit for 2 weeks before replacing it with the 130, inserting an SD card didn't require a reboot. So I was surprised that when I got the 130, it required a reboot after inserting an SD. The biggest change I've noticed after the firmware update is that the 130 no longer requires a reboot. So with this example, the firmware update is clearly only applicable to the 130.

I would definitely wait until you have the software upgrade to the 130 before applying this firmware update.

Cheers

Tamir