AVIC411.com

Z130BT New Firmware Update

But the question remains: is the 130 firmware update a full update. Anyway to confirm that?

Well lets see, the Z120 Upgrade (a full update, in other words), was about 3.6 GB. This 3.001 "Update" is 68 MB (after extraction from the compressed archive. Download and extract it yourself, if you are that interested. There' s not much there. There' s 105 files, most of them only a few 100K. A full release would be thousands of files, some of which would be several 100MB. There's also no map data..

Well lets see, the Z120 Upgrade (a full update, in other words), was about 3.6 GB. This 3.001 "Update" is 68 MB (after extraction from the compressed archive. Download and extract it yourself, if you are that interested. There' s not much there. There' s 105 files, most of them only a few 100K. A full release would be thousands of files, some of which would be several 100MB. There's also no map data..

Is this an update for 120 to 130? The OP says update for 130...

has anyone tried to update the firmware on their units yet ? I have tried to do the update as per the instructions above which are also posted on the pioneer website, I have tried it using two different SD cards but nothing happens. any ideas ?

Brian

I also followed the DL and install instruction to a T and even tho the update starts and seems to progress I then get the message that the information did not update and then re starts the update process all over again. I copied the AZ110 files to a new SD 4G card.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Is this an update for 120 to 130? The OP says update for 130...

I think the confusion lies in the difference between an "UPDATE" and an "UPGRADE", as the two terms are not synonymous.

An "UPDATE" may include one, or more, tweaks to an existing platform (i.e. improvement in Bluetooth functionality and Voice Recognition, or apply bug fixes).

An "UPGRADE" is a revamp of the entire interface of the system (i.e. Z110 -> Z120). This method requires an overhaul of the entire package, and the install usually includes relatively large memory cards (4GB or greater).

Pioneer's recent release is an "UPDATE" to the existing Z130 firmware; here is what it addresses:

"This firmware update (version 3.001) contains improvements for Voice Recognition operation for the

AVIC-Z130BT and Aha Radio Hungry/Coffee content for the AVIC-Z130BT and AVIC-X930BT."

I hope this helps others with their understanding of the topic.

• 2 months later...

Sup people. Sorry for the mega long post but hey...

I am looking at purchasing a Z130BT. However...

I have a question regarding firmware between the AVIC Z130BT and the AVIC F30BT (Australia UK version)

http://www.pioneer.com.au/au/products/25/111/241/AVIC-F30BT/index.html

this f30bt retails for quiet a bit more here, which is BS in my opinion.

I undersand that there are different region codes and US radio frequencies. Possibly other regional differences i am unaware of... Any one have any to share?

Are there siginificant differences between the UK and Australian region systems?

the firmware file for the american market one (AVIC-Z130BT Firmware Update Version 3.001)

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ephox/StaticFiles/PUSA/Files/Car-Firmware/Z130BT_X930BT_FirmwareUpdate_3.001000.exe

there are no listed firware updates on the australian site till today

http://www.pioneer.com.au/au/support/software/AVIC-F30BT/index.html

also no firware updates listed on the UK site either. Just a bunch of weird navigation and unlocking upgrade stuff.

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/25/111/AVIC-F30BT/media.html

I did somewhere here briefly that region codes can be bypassed/made region free. Also some dude in brazil getting brazil maps going on a unit (F30BT). These are my primary mod concerns, DVD and GPS. Will dig up some more. Anyone got a link? Anyone done it and use in other regions? How's it working for you?

If the firmware for the australian f30bt does come available if it would suit the hardware of the z130bt and straighten out any regional differences?

How does the radio system differ? How does the tuner function on the Z130BT? EG. Fm radio from 87.50 to 107.90 (or whaterver ir is at the top) in increments of 0.05? I had

previous issues with a chinese built unit (Witson) with a TV tuner that sits just outside the exact frequency for the australian (PAL) so pic is not good at all.

Although i barely ever listen to the radio, i'd hate to get stuck with the same issue if i ever want to use FM/AM (perhaps if aliens invade and i need to listen to directions during evacuation mayhem scenario).

if you guys have a clue on these, your help would be much appreciated. I'd like to know if the save in $$ is worth the hassle, and if the hassle-mission is even actually possible or not.

Sup people. Sorry for the mega long post but hey...

I am looking at purchasing a Z130BT. However...

I have a question regarding firmware between the AVIC Z130BT and the AVIC F30BT (Australia UK version)

http://www.pioneer.c...30BT/index.html

this f30bt retails for quiet a bit more here, which is BS in my opinion.

I undersand that there are different region codes and US radio frequencies. Possibly other regional differences i am unaware of... Any one have any to share?

Are there siginificant differences between the UK and Australian region systems?

the firmware file for the american market one (AVIC-Z130BT Firmware Update Version 3.001)

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ephox/StaticFiles/PUSA/Files/Car-Firmware/Z130BT_X930BT_FirmwareUpdate_3.001000.exe

there are no listed firware updates on the australian site till today

http://www.pioneer.c...30BT/index.html

also no firware updates listed on the UK site either. Just a bunch of weird navigation and unlocking upgrade stuff.

http://www.pioneer.e...30BT/media.html

I did somewhere here briefly that region codes can be bypassed/made region free. Also some dude in brazil getting brazil maps going on a unit (F30BT). These are my primary mod concerns, DVD and GPS. Will dig up some more. Anyone got a link? Anyone done it and use in other regions? How's it working for you?

If the firmware for the australian f30bt does come available if it would suit the hardware of the z130bt and straighten out any regional differences?

How does the radio system differ? How does the tuner function on the Z130BT? EG. Fm radio from 87.50 to 107.90 (or whaterver ir is at the top) in increments of 0.05? I had

previous issues with a chinese built unit (Witson) with a TV tuner that sits just outside the exact frequency for the australian (PAL) so pic is not good at all.

Although i barely ever listen to the radio, i'd hate to get stuck with the same issue if i ever want to use FM/AM (perhaps if aliens invade and i need to listen to directions during evacuation mayhem scenario).

if you guys have a clue on these, your help would be much appreciated. I'd like to know if the save in $$ is worth the hassle, and if the hassle-mission is even actually possible or not.

Hey mozeca look yours PMS please! fala mozeca olha as tuas mensagens privadas!

...Also some dude in brazil getting brazil maps going on a unit (F30BT)...

Dude's name is Ciroalbano (AKA suci). He claims he managed successfully run map from F220 on his European F920.

I folowed his lead and got partial success of putting Australian map from F310BT on my US X930BT. Map is working but it turns red when i scale closer then 500m. and search is not working.

• 5 months later...

I know this thread has been dead for a while, but ...

Has anyone figured out why the firmware update is not performing "as advertised" - install SD, close, and wait? I just got a Z130BT and tried the update - my unit currently has 3.000, so it's eligible. I put the SD in, close the face, and nothing happens.

What did the prior posters mean by "reboot"? Turn car off/on, ???

Thanks to everyone!

PS: I hope this speeds up booting! Yikes Doesn't seem to finish that before I arrive at my destination! LOL (sort of).

• 2 weeks later...

It's probably already got the update. Check the version again, it's not the main version # (platform version) but the sub version # (application version) that moves to 3.001. Platform version will remain at 3.000:

Step 5

Once the firmware update is completed, please perform the following steps to confirm that the firmware update was

successful:

• Press the “HOME†key

• Select the “Settings†tab

• Select “System Settingsâ€

• Select “Service Informationâ€

• Press & hold left upper corner of the “Service Information†screen for a few seconds

• Confirm that your system correctly displays the below information:

Platform Version: 3.000

Application Version: 3.001

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...