AVIC411.com

Well! I just upgraded from a modded N1 using a N2 brain to a complete N3 system and I'm having the same problem I had when I modded my N1 included a N2 brain with the 60mp east coast disk, screen freezes every couple of minutes, especially when routing.

This problem eventually went away but I'm wondering could it be the disk? The east coast disk I'm using is a copy from a member. Or does the unit go into a learning mode?

Just asking because it seems very odd. The common factor in both systems I've used is the copied east coast disk........I wonder.

Well! My son bought his girlfriend a new N3 so I'll copy the east coast disk but I was wondering if anyone else had the freezing experience?

Thanks,

bcd1

cntrylvr79.. I tend to believe the same thing but this morning I noticed when I turned on my Nextel phone the screen froze but the voice command is always working accurately.

I had this problem when I added the N2 with the N1 head and now the N3 but never had a problem with the N1 head and brain using the original 40mp software. This freezing all started when I upgraded to the 60mp software. It could be the copy I have is inferior because that seems to be the common denominator.

Thanks for your help I certainly appreciate it.

bcd1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, this is my first post :)

Anyways, I had this problem a while ago with my N2 system. All I did was backup my original map discs on to DVD-R DL instead of the DVD+R DL I was using and the freezing disappeared. Maybe these systems work better with DVD-R DL? Well that solved my problem - thought I would share :)

pcguy,

you mentioned you had the same freezing problem until you switched to dvd-dl instead of the plus.

I went all over looking for dvd-r dl disks but only see the +. Where did you get yours?

Thanks in advance,

Rocco

I went to comp USA only Plus, Best Buy only Plus, Staples only Plus. Maybe I have to go out of Bergen County...lol

bcd1

UPDate: Went to compusa website, staples website and all they sell is the double layer plus. I did find out that the minus is also called dvd-r9 and is dual layer not double layer. Places on line do sell them but not the big boys............. go figure.

bcd1