AVIC411.com

BT and jailbroken iphone 4 over BT

Just got my z120bt installed yesterday in my car and i notice i dont have the pandora button on the left with the rest of the av sources? and also im able to connect my phone over BT to make phone calls and such, it will only play music if i hit the Bt audio button and it will say connecting to my phone but if i hit play it will play the music from my phone but doesnt show titles or any of the playlists. Is this all because of my jailbreaking my phone?

... if i hit play it will play the music from my phone but doesnt show titles or any of the playlists. Is this all because of my jailbreaking my phone?

Depending on your phone, that's all you get over BT. For an iPhone, you get full control, playlists, album art, ID3 tags, etc, but you need the adapter cable.

ok i understand that i need to get the wire to fully use all iphone but how come on my head unit on the left side i cannot scroll thru the sources and there is no pandora button

Well, first, the "Pandora button" you are referring to is used in conjunction with a free app called PandoraLink. And, second, you have to have the PandoraLink app installed on your iPhone before you can see any icon pop up as an optional source. If you already have PandoraLink installed, check to make sure you have the correct cable (CD-IU50v or CD-IU51v).

ok i understand that i need to get the wire to fully use all iphone but how come on my head unit on the left side i cannot scroll thru the sources and there is no pandora button

You don't have to have any special app installed on the phone... You simply need to connect the iPhone to the head unit with the cable adapter. You won't see the Pandora icon until the phone is connected.

I have an iPhone 4 and use the plain ole Pandora app EVERYDAY on my Z120.

You don't have to have any special app installed on the phone... You simply need to connect the iPhone to the head unit with the cable adapter. You won't see the Pandora icon until the phone is connected.

I have an iPhone 4 and use the plain ole Pandora app EVERYDAY on my Z120.

You can listen to Pandora thru the HU with just the regular app, but PandoraLink provides full control of your Pandora account, and provides the album art, the thumbs up/down option, etc. The only thing you should need from the original Pandora app is to add/delete stations from your account.

Keep in mind, the PandoraLink app does not work without having the Pandora app installed, but the Pandora app can function without the PandoraLink app installed.

You can listen to Pandora thru the HU with just the regular app, but PandoraLink provides full control of your Pandora account, and provides the album art, the thumbs up/down option, etc. The only thing you should need from the original Pandora app is to add/delete stations from your account.

Keep in mind, the PandoraLink app does not work without having the Pandora app installed, but the Pandora app can function without the PandoraLink app installed.

This is no longer the case. See this thread: http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28311-ios4-issues-with-the-avic/page__p__224219__hl__pandora__fromsearch__1#entry224219

I once thought you HAD to use the PandoraLink app, but was frustrated with the lack of multitasking. When I inquired, someone pointed out it was no longer needed. I deleted the PandoraLink app from my phone and started running the "vanilla flavored" Pandora app. I have complete control over the Pandora app. I FREQUENTLY thumb up/down songs and bookmark songs. I recently upgraded to a PandoraOne account and I've now got more skips and no commercials.