AVIC411.com

X930BT Firmware 3.001

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/GPS-Navigation/AVIC-X930BT

FIRMWARE UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS FOR AVIC-X930BT

Important:

Please download and print these AVIC-X930BT Firmware Update Instructions for your reference when

downloading and installing the firmware update. It is very important that all steps be completed correctly and

in the order described below.

WARNING! The integrity of data stored onto your navigation system cannot be guaranteed during

the firmware update process.

Note: If you have any difficulty carrying out these instructions, please contact Pioneer Customer Support

Center toll free at 800-421-1404 during regular business hours (M-F 10AM-7:30PM Eastern Time).

Before updating

Check the model number of your system to confirm that you have an AVIC-X930BT system.

• See lower left side of the face panel for the model number of your system.

Please do NOT perform any further steps of this firmware update if your model number shows

“AVIC-X910BT†or “AVIC-X920BT†or any other model number (aside from “AVIC-X930BTâ€).

Otherwise, this firmware update could cause critical damage to your navigation system.

Check the version number of your current software by completing the following steps:

• Press the “HOME†key

• Select the “Settings†tab

• Select “System Settingsâ€

• Select “Service Informationâ€

• Press & hold left upper corner of the “Service Information†screen for a few seconds

If the “Application Version†shows 3.001 or higher, then your AVIC-X930BT is already equipped with the

latest software version and there is no need for this firmware update. If the “Application Version†shows

version 3.000 or lower, please proceed with the update.

If you are downloading the firmware update, please proceed to the next step. If you are using a

preloaded update microSD card, please go directly to Step 3.

Downloading the Firmware Update

Step 1

Download the firmware update by clicking http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/PUSA/Files/CarFirmware/Z130BT_X930BT_FirmwareUpdate_3.001000.exe. Once you have downloaded the file to your

computer, locate the file on your computer and double click the file to decompress it. If you do not have a

decompression utility installed on your computer, you can download WinZip at http://www.winzip.com

(purchase may be required).

Step 2

Copy the ‘AVICZ110’ folder onto a blank microSD card. While the folder name may be confusing,

‘AVICZ110’ is the correct file. Do not rename the folder or alter the content of the files within as this

will prevent the AVIC-X930BT from properly loading the update.

*Note: Ensure that the AVICZ110 folder is located within the root (top) layer of the microSD card. Make sure

that the microSD card is at least 256MB or larger.

Installing the Firmware Update into your AVIC-X930BT

Step 3

Load the microSD card into your AVIC-X930BT. The system will automatically reboot and start the update

process within one minute. WARNING! While your navigation system is being updated, do NOT turn off the power to the

navigation system. Severe damage to your navigation system could result from your failure to obey

this warning, including but not limited to the loss of all content/data that is stored on the internal

Flash Memory (such as address book entries and other user information).

If your system does not reboot and start the update process within one minute, then please check your

system and microSD card as follows:

• Check the model number of your navigation system and check the version number of your current

software, as detailed above in the “Before Updating†section.

• Check the microSD Card and confirm that the ‘AVICZ110’ folder is the only folder on the SD card.

There should be no other files.

Step 4

Please wait a few minutes (approximately 3 to 5 minutes) for the firmware update to be completed. The

AVIC-X930BT will automatically reboot after the firmware update is completed.

Step 5

Once the firmware update is completed, please perform the following steps to confirm that the firmware

update was successful:

• Press the “HOME†key

• Select the “Settings†tab

• Select “System Settingsâ€

• Select “Service Informationâ€

• Press & hold left upper corner of the “Service Information†screen for a few seconds

• Confirm that your system correctly displays the below information:

Platform Version: 3.000

Application Version: 3.001

Step 6

Please eject the microSD Card from the AVIC-X930BT. Your AVIC-X930BT is now ready for use.

Questions

If you have any questions, please contact Pioneer Customer Service toll free at 800-421-1404, Monday

through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. (Eastern Time), except holidays.

------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright 2011 Pioneer Corporation

does not really add much it seems, coffee/hungry updates? wtf? ...aha radio update? meh

I have only had it for a week or so now, but the I am kinda disapointed with my 930 over my previous 910. The speed is 10x better on the 930 but there are just a ton of little interface things that are very disappointing after i upgraded, mainly with the ipod features and layout...

• 1 year later...

Hi! Sorry to dig this from the "buried" hole. But, I just got an AVIC X930BT and reading about "firmware upgrade" made me search for more. Unfortunately the link to that firmware's url is no longer available. Could there be a way for me to download it (have a copy) or anyone here is keeping it for a fellow 411?

Thank you in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

@Lyverbe:

Thank you for your concern and replying to my cry;)

I am just wondering now, if I can jump straight to 4.010 from a 3.000 firmware, tho?

I DL'ed a firmware off of Pioneer's website, but it's not showing "z110"? I hope I didn't get that wrong. But, you know what I am after, right?

I would love to have it updated first before I go thru flashing my X930BT with X940BT update. Am I making sense? Have you tried upgrading to X940BT? I heard it's got hi's and down's, tho.

Anyhoo, please pardon me - if I sound like asking more than a hand of a help here. I am just getting to know my "new-to-me" HU from my OEM XTerra 6-DChanger HU.

Very Truly Yours,

Aui

No, I haven't tried to install the x940bt firmware.  Indeed, there are people who have succeeded and others who have failed.  Fearing to be one who fails, I weighed the pros and cons and decided it wasn't worth the attempt.

As for 3.000 to 4.010, I don't know.  If you make a backup of your USER folder before doing anything else, I don't think there's any danger as long as you DO NOT use HackMode.

Hey!

When you say, Hackmode... is it the upgrade process of an X930BT to being an X940BT software?

I am sorry, I am slow:(

Did you get a perfectly working firmware for your X930BT when it was released? I have no luck, tho.

Could you spare me a copy of the 3.001 fw? or is it too big for an attachment? I believe it's small enough to be sent thru email? Please correct me.

I unpacked the one I downloaded and it's 26ish MB afted extraction.

I really would love to update my HU's firmware:(

Thank you!

TestMode (not to be confused with HackMode) are files that allow you to enter the service mode of your unit.  With it, you can access the internal files that make everything run.  By accessing them, you can copy them on media such as a SD card or USB key (ie. making backups).  You can get these files here: http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/31534-condis-hackmode-v14-diskrw-gpsgate-textfiller-regeditor-with-reg-files-associated-updated-13062011/ but make SURE you get "Condi's HACKMODE v1.4 BASE - INSTALL VIA TESTMODE.zip", nothing else.

Once your backup is done, you can update your firmware here using the links I provided earlier.  Again, I don't know if it can upgrade from 3.000 to 4.010.  I can always put my original X930BT files (3.001, 25mb) on DropBox, but still, you'd need to do a backup in case something goes wrong.  Perhaps you might as well just give the 4.010 update a shot, or at least do a bit of research first.

Speedy response, wow! My thanks:)

Okay, I will do the bakup of my USER files and will research about upgrading straight to 4.010 (crossing fingers).

All I have to find are the 3.001 and 4.10 firmwares.

Thank you for your time, as always!

Have a nice day and cheers!

-

Aui

• 8 months later...