AVIC411.com

of course they are....why would they be the same......God I hate corporations.

Well, when I moved from my D3 to the F700 in my car, the ends on the GPS antenna were different as well, *thankfully* the actual end of the cable, the plastic part wrapping the metal round end, was able to be removed and the the F700's one put in it's place.... but with this new radio there is no plastic snap in piece, it looks like a standard CMX end with a threaded collar (to compare it to something else: a standard video coax, except smaller)

===================================

Also to note for anyone running across this topic wondering about differences in wiring...

For some odd reason, Pioneer also chose to merge together the Power Antenna and Power Amp Turn-on leads..... not sure why (cost cutting?) but if you have a motorized power antenna, be aware that it'll be up all the time...

I haven't seen a radio without those wires separated in like 12-15 years at this point

So i spent time after work pulling out my broken AppRadio and get ready for tomorrow's replacement...

while I was back there I thought I'd take a few pics of the differences in the wire harnesses just in case anyone was curious...

Difference of the mic jacks (F700 on top, AppRadio on bottom:

post-263-0-83438100-1309222393_thumb.jpg

Power/speakers (F700 on right, AppRadio's 2 plugs on left, which are a lot like Blaupunkt and/or VW plugs)

post-263-0-00559600-1309222367_thumb.jpg

Ugghh.. my least favorite change, the GPS antenna:

post-263-0-62767200-1309222374_thumb.jpg

Other stuff

The iPhone cable is lame... on the top is the iPod end, that 3 inch single part before the plug is pretty damn un-flexible... i have no idea why Pioneer didn't (1) make it more flexible and (2) why split into 2 so early? it should be one cable until it gets just before the plug for the back of the radio.... absolutely piss poor design

post-263-0-99184800-1309222382_thumb.jpg

To overcome the lack of a full set of RCA outputs, I picked up this Scosche LOC from Amazon.... while the reviews say it works well, they also mention the tendency for the cheap plastic case to come apart, and they were dead on right, hence the electrical tape

post-263-0-70750000-1309222355_thumb.jpg

All ready for tomorrow's re-install!

post-263-0-33492500-1309222403_thumb.jpg