AVIC411.com

Security Bypass and Z1 FAQ and Owners Manuals

[quote name="BigFloppy"]No worries mate.. just bustin your chops.

I am more than happy with my Z1 regardless if there is another way around their damned security system.. Who cares, I don't... mine is running perfectly![/quote]

I know, I was just kidding, what I smiled like this: :D

Glad yours is running nice.
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]
If there is a "better" way, I would love to hear about it.... we all would.[/quote]

Well, to be honest, I have no idea exactly what was done, it was done without me asking, when I had them install it, I didn't even think about it until I went to pick it up, I asked the installer, and he said it was bypassed, he said that he made a relay using about $30 in parts...it cost me nothing...it's just what they did, BUT, I mentioned this site as I had read some of this previously, and he said he was aware of it...

What I DO know is that my lights DONT flash and I have full functionality...Next time I go to my shop I'll try to get more details....
[quote name="Anonymous"] [quote]
If there is a "better" way, I would love to hear about it.... we all would.[/quote]

Well, to be honest, I have no idea exactly what was done, it was done without me asking, when I had them install it, I didn't even think about it until I went to pick it up, I asked the installer, and he said it was bypassed, he said that he made a relay using about $30 in parts...it cost me nothing...it's just what they did, BUT, I mentioned this site as I had read some of this previously, and he said he was aware of it...

What I DO know is that my lights DONT flash and I have full functionality...Next time I go to my shop I'll try to get more details....[/quote]

If you reread the methods of our hack, NO ONES lights flash with the bypass mods described here, the devices flash the illum. wire, which is probably what your device is doing, though through cheaper relays.
[quote name="edrock200"] [quote name="Anonymous"]Well, to be honest, I have no idea exactly what was done, it was done without me asking, when I had them install it, I didn't even think about it until I went to pick it up, I asked the installer, and he said it was bypassed, he said that he made a relay using about $30 in parts...it cost me nothing...it's just what they did, BUT, I mentioned this site as I had read some of this previously, and he said he was aware of it...

What I DO know is that my lights DONT flash and I have full functionality...Next time I go to my shop I'll try to get more details....[/quote]

If you reread the methods of our hack, NO ONES lights flash with the bypass mods described here, the devices flash the illum. wire, which is probably what your device is doing, though through cheaper relays.[/quote]

Actually a relay can be quite expensive, they are not cheaper, just mechanical and less reliable (and not needed for a circuit of this low current). Also if they were right and it was $30 worth of parts, how much did it cost the end user. Assembling $30 worth of parts and installing it would cost quite a bit.

But I agree with you edrock200, I think it's just toggling the illumination line. Just the same as mine and other solutions, not a better way to bypass but just a different implementaion of the same design.

Or it's not a relay and he told you it was and actually bought one of my circuits and installed it and didn't tell you what exactly it was. :) I used to sell them for $30, that could be what he put in there. Now that would be funny.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I must've done something wrong, but...

We've installed my z1 yesterday.
Made that additional wire and grounded it at the same spot as all other groud wires

When turning on the car, get message : system detected incorrect signal on the break lead ( i will get the exact messge tonight)

If Ebrake is not engaged it works jsut like your usual unit.... so override doesn't seem to work.

on top of the unit it says it was made on oct of 06.

Any suggestions?
you dont have to have the bluetooth to use the update.

the secret wire is the one you have to locate a spare wire with pin and insert it into secret location where there is not wire and pin out the box. Usually people do this but the ones with problems dont do it correctly.
[quote name="Foques"]do i HAVE to have the bluetooth update to work for it? I don't have the adapter...

And secret wire that you speak of is the one that we need to put in ourselves, right?
I just wired it in to the ground at the same place where all other ground wires went..[/quote]

Thats fine but I believe your problem will be where the terminal is inserted into the plastic connector (#2). It's not making connection in there.

My guess....

If you have an October 06 unit as the bypass is concerned, you do not need the bluetooth update. If you don't have the bluetooth module and don't plan on it, there is not much reason to do the update. The bypass changes were done in July 06 so any unit after that has the new 07/06 bypass. Scroll down to the 07/06 bypass info here:
[url=http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html]http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html[/url]
The "secret" wire as tillithz calls it (so do many of us) is just "wire #2" or, Foques, as you say the one you need to put in yourself.

If that wire isn't inserted correctly or not grounded correctly, you will get the "your parking brake has been improperly connected" or something like that. It pops up every time you start the car.

To get rid of that press the recessed button to the right of eject. That will get rid of the message. Then leave the car parked.
Go here:
[url=http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html]http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html[/url]
In the "How do I know if the Z1 is bypassed?" is it bypassed?
If not (you can't get to Address Search and POI Search) then the parking brake wire is not grounded. But I think yours will be bypassed.

Then drive around doing something you are not supposed to do. Like a DVD (but that is very dangerous). Does that pop up message come back? If it was bypassed and when you drive it locks you back out and you get that pop up message then it's "wire #2" or the "secret wire" or whatever you want to call it.

But make sure you reset the unit as above to get rid of that message to see if it's bypassed correctly, as long as that message comes up it interferes with the bypass.
[quote name="Foques"]no, its doesn't look like it was bypassed...

If i'll get the bypass form you guys, will it work? I mean instead of crawling all over the wiring, i'd rather to get something that will work 100%... :?[/quote]

If it wasn't bypassed then the parking brake wire is not grounded either.

As for the bypass from me? If your unit has a manufacture date of June 06 and before and it was never updated with a disk from Pioneer then yes it will work great. If your unit is newer or you updated an older one (like with the bluetooth update cd) then no, it won't even work for your unit. You can thank pioneer for shifting gears mid year for the confusion.

Best is to look at that site and follow the directions for 07/06.

If your unit wasn't bypassed then when you reset it with the recessed button, that parking brake message won't come back at least.

What is the light green parking brake sense wire connected to? If that's grounded, when stopped it will be bypassed.