AVIC411.com

Has anyone figured out a way to override the parking brake protection on the App radio. I havent even hooked up the parking brake wire yet and was wondering if hooking it up to a low voltage hot source with a switch would work.

Edit 1: Scratch that. All it takes is simply grounding the parking brake wire. Now when my whole group goes on a float trip this weekend we can stream netflix on the way there.

Edit 2: Ok after a few reboots the device started asking again for me to 1. Apply the parking brake 2. Remove it, 3. Reapply it. So i wired it up to a simply 2 position switch with the other side to a ground and if it asks me on boot up for that i flip the switch back and forth a few times and it lets me play video again and stays that way until another reboot.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to go ahead and connect it to the parking break. I thought I would see how inconvient it was. I don't need to view video while driving. However, the PITA apply, remove, apply every time is stupid. Looking for a bypass. I don't understand why Pioneer makes it so difficult.

I decided to go ahead and connect it to the parking break. I thought I would see how inconvient it was. I don't need to view video while driving. However, the PITA apply, remove, apply every time is stupid. Looking for a bypass. I don't understand why Pioneer makes it so difficult.

because they don't want people to drive while there is playing video on the head unit.....

All it takes is hooking the parking brake wire to a switch then to a ground. Flip it up and down when it asks for the brake and you are good to go.

Could you elaborate a little on this? I know the TR7 is capable of lots of stuff. It is commonly used to bypass Alpine HUs. In fact, the default config is for that application, I recall. How would it be wired & programmed for the App Radio? Also, "clarion bypass" is a little vague. Any particular model, or is the method the same for all?

I'm trying to understand the chart in your second link. Feature #17. What does the asteric indicate? How would it be wired?

I know someone attempting to get around the PB lockout, and I wanted to give advice, but I'm not at all familiar with the APP Radio (only Z110).

TIA

thanks stickboy. a simple switch (grounded/connected to the brake wire) worked perfectly for me.

Where can I find my parking brake wire? I have one of the 'foot activated' ones.

Anybody know what color it typically is?

Where can I find my parking brake wire? I have one of the 'foot activated' ones.

Anybody know what color it typically is?

For the override you dont have to find the parking brake wire on the car. Just connect the parking brake wire on the back of the head unit to a switch then to a ground.

For the override you dont have to find the parking brake wire on the car. Just connect the parking brake wire on the back of the head unit to a switch then to a ground.

I have 3 connectors on the back of my switch....

power in

power out

ground

I assume I connect the parking brake wire to the 'power in' and the ground wire to the 'ground'?

Do I need to do anything with the 'power out' connector?

Thanks.

I have 3 connectors on the back of my switch....

power in

power out

ground

I assume I connect the parking brake wire to the 'power in' and the ground wire to the 'ground'?

Do I need to do anything with the 'power out' connector?

Thanks.

is that a 3-position switch?

as for the wiring, you only need the ground and i don't think it matters which of the other two you use as long as that's the one attached to the parking brake wire from the head unit.