AVIC411.com

guys, I don't know what's going on here but here's my experience:

I installed the appradio yesterday and out of interest I put the handbrake wire to an earth point just to see the routine.

To my surprise, it worked, and continued to work even while driving!

So, i thought I'd update to 2.45, just incase i no longer worked, but it still did.

For your info, I'm thinking this must be a difference in the EU and USA firmware (I'm running the EU/UK version) although I don't know what other differences there would be, I'm guessing the radio for a start, we run different frequencies to you.

Maybe someone could splice the firmwares together or something? I can post a video if needed to prove....

Hello - I'll be installing my appradio some time this week.

Can you tell me how you did this?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grounding of P brake is all that required for non US units. US units will not bypass with just a P brake ground.

But surely this has to be a software thing from pioneer? Could you not find a way to splice the firmwares together, to enable the P brake to work the same as non US units, but keep the settings (radio etc) that you guys need over there?

Sorry if I'm being stupid here, was just trying to help!

Well I would assume its much easier and a lot less time consuming to just figure out a bypass method then slaving for hours over hacked firmware. And as far as I know a workable bypass has been developed for US units.

so did it work?! I know pretty much nothing about wiring and stuff but I got this radio and I want to watch video, this looks pretty simple if it works.

The relay setup has been a bit dodgy since the latest firmware update. I would recommend a switch like the next "Maccrap" post suggests. I know it is a bit more effort to flip a switch, I wish the relays were more consistent, but the switch is more reliable. I didn't want to have a switch installed, nor did I want to have to use it every time I want video. But it seems like the right choice now.

The relay is setup to send the break signal after the radio powers up (on the remote signal), which has worked for the appradio in the past.

Although after the lastest firmware, it appears the appradio may check the break status after going into the "advanced app mode", rather than after powering up. Making the relay ineffective.

Nevertheless, even if it works, there is no guarantee it will continue to work. Using a switch will always work, because you can directly simulate any parking break activity (e.g. if pioneer goes crazy and decides you have to put the break on and off 5 times you can do it).

I took the parking brake wire, hooked it to one side of a button switch I bought at radio shack. I hooked the other side to ground. Screen pops up, click the button. Simple

I used a 3 prong switch.

Hooked the parking break wire to the lead.

The ground to either of the other prongs (the prong choice will only affect if you leave it "on" or "off" to send the ground signal, this simulates the break on).

The last prong is empty (just serves to break the ground signal, that is it simulates the break being off).

Just to reiterate, I'm using 2.22 and my parking brake relay works perfectly. I posted earlier a YouTube of how we did it. One thing you need to understand is that it appears to not be working while an app is loading, but once the app has completely loaded, the warning screen disappears. None of this is the case for 2.45. With this version installed my brake bypass will not work. People using the switch say theirs works with 2.45.

Just wanted to add my two cents, I broke down and removed my relay, which was working prior to 2.45 and I installed a small push button on/off switch from radio shack, and I absolutely love it! I will post pictures if interested, external only. I finally closed up my dash after a painstaking few days.

http://www.radioshac...oductId=3159591

It is an illuminated switch but I actually did not opt to bother with that, its the perfect size, and functionality I needed and it also was the easiest to install and cleanest looking.

• 3 weeks later...

So if I use an on-off-on switch, will one push of that switch simulate parking brake on, parking brake off, parking brake on?

I'd like to use this switch since I already have one:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8738/ele-394/White_Illuminated_Bulgin_Style_Latching_Vandal_Switch_-_16mm_-_Silver_Housing_-_Ring_Illumination.html?tl=g44c343

Will this do what I would like it to (simulate parking brake on, parking brake off, parking brake on) with one push?

Anyone?

I just used a small SPST on/off switch from radioshack and it worked. You have to connect the green parking brake wire form the unit to one side of the switch then the other side goes to a ground point on the car. Once you do that the switch will act as your parking brake and it will connect or disconnect the circuit telling the head unit that you have applied the parking brake.

Thanks timmiii. So if a standard on/off SPST toggle switch works, will this switch work too?

http://www.frozencpu...html?tl=g44c343

frontil.jpgsiderk.jpgbackuyw.jpg

I honestly don't see why it wouldn't.I would try to get some quick disconnects on the ends of the wires you plan to connect to that switch because it seems like the internal circuit is complex and if you don't have a wire diagram of the switch you'll be confused as shit and have to revert to either a multi meter or trial and error when connecting it all together.

I also don't recommend flashy switches that also light up because after all this thread is illegal in most parts of the US the same may apply in Europe as well) so to attract less attention to you from police stopping you or already stopped and at your window i would hide it and use a plain toggle SPST.