AVIC411.com

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to my local shop they have used a PAC TR7 with a relay with success on the 8400. This is apparently the same lockout scheme Pioneer uses sense the 8400 has Advanced App Mode. It might be worth a try.

done the switch on my da100 but still not getting any video just sound, but if i play a video from the phone itself then connect cable i can get it to play thru the headunit, any ideas why it wont play thru the headunit properly.

To bypass the radio, you will need to get a Pac TR7 and a standard relay. The relay wiring will be:

85 - Blue wire on the TR7

86 - White eand Orange wire from the TR7

87 - Tied to 86 on the relay

30 - parking break wire on the Pioneer

Wiring for the TR7:

Red - ignition source

Black - ground

Green - remote wire on the Pioneer

Orange - 86 & 87 on the relay

White - 86 & 87 on the relay

Blue - 85 on the relay

The TR7 will need to be setup for feature 12. The settings will be:

Option 1 - 1 delayed on for Blue

Option 2 - 2 delayed off for White

Option 3 - 1 delayed for Orange

Duration 1 - 040 (40 seconds)

Duration 2 - 045 (45 seconds)

Duration 3 - 050 (50 seconds)

The way that it works is: the radio remote provides the + trigger to the TR7. The TR7 then supplies ground to the white wire for 45 seconds. After 40 seconds, the TR7 supplies power to the blue wire. This triggers the relay and sends ground to the pioneer parking break wire. After 5 seconds, the TR7 then puts the white wire to open and the relay then goes to open for 5 seconds. After that, the TR7 will then put ground on the orange wire causing the relay to trigger sending ground to the pioneer.

this is exactly what i did, and it worked like a champ on three cars (two app radios and one app radio 2)