AVIC411.com

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's how I use Netflix. I open the appradio app and then once it's open double click the home button on the phone so the you can scroll through the other apps across the bottom of the screen. If you opened up Netflix recently it makes it a little easier because it will be one of the first apps shown. Once you open Netflix video displays to the car while the functions are controlled on the phone. I use a toggle switch on mine to unground, and ground, the parking brake safety wire.

If you have it hooked up right hit the apps button on the deck. Hit netflix on your phone. It should give you the parking brake warning.

Yes however when you click apps on the phone don't you need to turn on the Appradio app on the iphone first?

I haven't tried a toggle switch yet and it gives me the "parking brake warning" however when I lift my e-brake up and release

the "OK" never lights up.

However let me try what you said and see if it works

To get apps to work/semi work you dint use the appradio app. If i want to listen to an audible book in my audible app i hit the apps buttin on tge deck and then open audible on my phone an use tge phone to control everything. I heve a toggle switch hooked up.

as stated, don't start up appradio.app on your phone. hit apps on the radio then do the brake sequence thing until you are able to push OK on the radio. it may take more than one time going through that sequence. you can then press ok on the radio then start Netflix. do not use display out with Netflix since Netflix.app outputs video natively.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To bypass the radio, you will need to get a Pac TR7 and a standard relay. The relay wiring will be:

85 - Blue wire on the TR7

86 - White eand Orange wire from the TR7

87 - Tied to 86 on the relay

30 - parking break wire on the Pioneer

Wiring for the TR7:

Red - ignition source

Black - ground

Green - remote wire on the Pioneer

Orange - 86 & 87 on the relay

White - 86 & 87 on the relay

Blue - 85 on the relay

The TR7 will need to be setup for feature 12. The settings will be:

Option 1 - 1 delayed on for Blue

Option 2 - 2 delayed off for White

Option 3 - 1 delayed for Orange

Duration 1 - 040 (40 seconds)

Duration 2 - 045 (45 seconds)

Duration 3 - 050 (50 seconds)

The way that it works is: the radio remote provides the + trigger to the TR7. The TR7 then supplies ground to the white wire for 45 seconds. After 40 seconds, the TR7 supplies power to the blue wire. This triggers the relay and sends ground to the pioneer parking break wire. After 5 seconds, the TR7 then puts the white wire to open and the relay then goes to open for 5 seconds. After that, the TR7 will then put ground on the orange wire causing the relay to trigger sending ground to the pioneer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

To bypass the radio, you will need to get a Pac TR7 and a standard relay. The relay wiring will be:

85 - Blue wire on the TR7

86 - White eand Orange wire from the TR7

87 - Tied to 86 on the relay

30 - parking break wire on the Pioneer

Wiring for the TR7:

Red - ignition source

Black - ground

Green - remote wire on the Pioneer

Orange - 86 & 87 on the relay

White - 86 & 87 on the relay

Blue - 85 on the relay

The TR7 will need to be setup for feature 12. The settings will be:

Option 1 - 1 delayed on for Blue

Option 2 - 2 delayed off for White

Option 3 - 1 delayed for Orange

Duration 1 - 040 (40 seconds)

Duration 2 - 045 (45 seconds)

Duration 3 - 050 (50 seconds)

The way that it works is: the radio remote provides the + trigger to the TR7. The TR7 then supplies ground to the white wire for 45 seconds. After 40 seconds, the TR7 supplies power to the blue wire. This triggers the relay and sends ground to the pioneer parking break wire. After 5 seconds, the TR7 then puts the white wire to open and the relay then goes to open for 5 seconds. After that, the TR7 will then put ground on the orange wire causing the relay to trigger sending ground to the pioneer.

Tried this method and got the bypass working! The trickiest part for me was programming the TR7. Took me a few hundred tries (exaggerating) before I called PAC tech support. They told me to try using a pushbutton switch to pulse the brown wire and it made things so much easier!

Anyway, as per your post, it takes a little while for the bypass to kick in after you start the car. That being said, while the bypass works well initially I have had problems switching between modes (ipod, radio) and then getting back to appmode. I'm able to get to hit the app button but then all I get is a black screen even though I have an app running on my iphone 4S. Have only had the bypass working for a day so I will tinker with it more and report back with any updates.

• 3 weeks later...

so much work you guys did, I just used a switch and when i want to watch i just flip the switch. i guess if you watch stuff constantly having it automated makes it nice. I just don't watch video that much unless I'm sitting in my car waiting for someone else.