AVIC411.com

is anyone else's AppRadio cooking their iPhone?

I haven't seen any chatter about this anywhere: but is anyone else's iPhone running (very) hot from being plugged into the AppRadio?

My first one did it, my second one does it, and I have a feeling that the radio is charging the iPhone too aggressively...

Mine gets warm, but not hot to the touch- but I've got it in a Griffin case, so that's probably isolating me from the real temperature. I think anytime you're navigating (the internal GPS antenna is on) and you're streaming music (data connection) while charging the battery the iPhone will get warm. I know my phone gets warm when I'm doing 2-3 things at once while it's charging at my desk- and it doesn't seem to get any hotter when I connect it to the AppRadio.

It seems pretty common online for all iPhone users: http://www.google.com/search?btnG=1&pws=0&q=iPhone+gets+hot+while+charging

I think anytime you're navigating (the internal GPS antenna is on) and you're streaming music (data connection) while charging the battery the iPhone will get warm.

Simply listening to music off the iPod app, the iPhone still gets hot to the touch... no data, no GPS, no apps, screen off

It seems pretty common online for all iPhone users: http://www.google.com/search?btnG=1&pws=0&q=iPhone+gets+hot+while+charging

i do not have this issue charging with the charger it came with, plugged into my computer, or on one of the radio/docks I have at the house, it *only* happens when plugged into the AppRadio

I played around with the appradio demo at our local Best Buy. I also noticed my iPhone was hotter than it's ever been.

I have a D1 and I always leave it plugged in charging and outputting mirrored video (through jailbroken display out), and it has never gotten that hot before.

The temperature is very worrisome.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...