AVIC411.com

I have followed the instructions to the letter and even reset to defaults and tried again. No matter what I do, the auto eq button is greyed out. I am ready to throw this f***ing thing out the window. I hope there is something stupid I am missing. I have the microphone for this but it says do not hook it up until you enable the setting. Help, Help.

...am ready to throw this f***ing thing out the window...

any ideas? anyone?

No, we're all standing around outside your window :P

Maybe your lack of information made us dread having to pull all the details out of you. 1st question that comes to mind - did you do the PB by-pass? If not, was the PB set? I don't have a Z130, so I don't know the idiosyncracies of that unit. But with the whole Z1x0 family, there are many items greyed-out when the PB is not set. Pioneer doesn't want you playing around much while you're driving.

Really? what lack of information? You are felling dread over a parking brake being set? The bypass is done and the manual says do not do this test while driving. I tried this with the truck on, off, acc., run and pb set just for grins. I also reset the radio to defaults just to see if it would show up since I played around with the sound setting so much. I had the 120 last week and upgraded to this unit. It sounded a little better and I am sure it's just settings because the specs are the same except the 130 has an 8 band equalizer and the 120 has a 7 band. I hope all dread has been removed, any other ideas? Thank you for any help you can give.

Really? what lack of information? You are felling dread over a parking brake being set? The bypass is done and the manual says do not do this test while driving.

Well, it seems you've got a problem that no one else has, so it is likely there is somethingyou've done wrong that is causing it. You expect to just say "Why isn't it working?" and get an answer?

I 've shot my wad, so anyone else care to guess?

Well Ron, I was sort of joking around with my last post, but you are right snippy. If you don't want to help, then don't reply.

I didn't expect anything and just saying I did something wrong doesn't make it so. I was just trying to see if I missed something that is not in the manual or if the bypass does something to this feature. It was my last resort before trading it in for another and trying again. Please keep you wads to yourself, it's a little creepy:)

I haven't tried it on my 130 yet so I don't know "for sure" but on my 4200 the Auto EQ button wouldn't show up until the mic was plugged in. I know you said that the instructions tell you not to plug the mic in until you turn on Auto EQ but give it a try and see what happens.

Good luck.

Jeremy

I haven't tried it on my 130 yet so I don't know "for sure" but on my 4200 the Auto EQ button wouldn't show up until the mic was plugged in. I know you said that the instructions tell you not to plug the mic in until you turn on Auto EQ but give it a try and see what happens.

Good luck.

Jeremy

I tried it that way too. What wierd is when I installed this, the option was there but when I tried it the message would say mic failure or something like that. I read further that I needed this mic, so I ordered it. I am on vacation right now and I think I am going to give it one more try tonight and if it does not work, I will try another unit. Thanks for the reply.

I tried it that way too. What wierd is when I installed this, the option was there but when I tried it the message would say mic failure or something like that. I read further that I needed this mic, so I ordered it. I am on vacation right now and I think I am going to give it one more try tonight and if it does not work, I will try another unit. Thanks for the reply.

Just tried it with the mic plugged in first and no go. I think I may take it back and get another one to try.

Just tried it with the mic plugged in first and no go. I think I may take it back and get another one to try.

It almost sounds like ever since it gave you whatever error message it was that it has stayed in that state. You could always try to do a complete reset of the radio to see if that kicks that error message out. If you completely reset the radio and it still gives you problems then I'd definitely swap it out.

For what it's worth, I was not impressed at all with the Auto EQ results from my AVH-P4200DVD. So, it may be all this trouble to realize the same thing in your case. I'm hoping that they have made improvements in the Auto EQ since the 4200 was released for your sake.

Good luck!

I got it to work but by accident. I made a new background last night so I took the sd card out to copy it from my laptop. When I turn the radio on to put the card in, I hit the audio options by habit from trying to get this to work. The option was lit up. I hooked the mic up and ran the test. It did make a difference for this unit. When I put the sd card in and turned the truck on later, I went and looked at the option just to see it was there. It's greyed out again. So it seems it shows up without the card in. There is nothing in the manual about this so I am still going to get this one replaced but just wanted to let everyone know what I found.

• 5 years later...

I know this is an extremely old post but I figured I'd ask here rather than starting a brand new repeat thread.  Does the auto eq on the pioneers care if a micro-bypass is wired or not?  I'm about to install a 4200NEX and I'm wondering if I should wire in the bypass first or try the autoeq first and then add the bypass.

I know this is an extremely old post but I figured I'd ask here rather than starting a brand new repeat thread.  Does the auto eq on the pioneers care if a micro-bypass is wired or not?  I'm about to install a 4200NEX and I'm wondering if I should wire in the bypass first or try the autoeq first and then add the bypass.

Auto-eq has nothing to do with the bypass. Where I was going before with my question (until he started jerking me off) was that many menu options are inaccessible (grayed-out) if the parking brake is not set. This would not apply if he had the parking brake bypassed.