AVIC411.com

Z110 t0 Z130 update software

There has been talk of a software update for the Z110 Head Unit that will upgrade it to the Z130bt head unit that's currently out. I've applied the Z120 upgrade to my Z110 and love that. Has there been a solid date for the next update? Also I want to add traffic & I read that, this can be done with adding an additional component. What will I have to add on & does anyone know the cost?

Thanks.

Traffic tuner add-on is ND-TMC10. It's available now and usually costs around $100. Z130 update is required for it to work. I seem to be the only person who was able to pre-order the update yesterday when Pioneer had it briefly up on their website? I've commented on it and attached some screen captures to a thread in the "Hacks / Mods" section. Cost is $120. They're going to start shipping in September.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I am also thinking of upgrading my Z110BT to the 2011 maps. My problem is that my unit was already upgraded to the 2010 maps (Z120BT) when I bought it. I have no idea if it was a legitimate upgrade or a hack....would I be safe to upgrade when it becomes available? thanks!

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I am also thinking of upgrading my Z110BT to the 2011 maps. My problem is that my unit was already upgraded to the 2010 maps (Z120BT) when I bought it. I have no idea if it was a legitimate upgrade or a hack....would I be safe to upgrade when it becomes available? thanks!

Best guess is yes, it will be OK. But since no one has tried it yet, don't know for sure. Stay tuned.

• 3 weeks later...

We got the update and upgraded my wife's 110. I went just fine and only took about 30 minutes.

I do have a question: the update came with a bluetooth upgrade (v3.11 if I'm not mistaken). She pairs her AVIC with her iPhone4 (latest version of iOS). I can't find out for sure if the bluetooth upgrade will be compatible with her phone. Can anyone shed some light on that?