AVIC411.com

2011 CNSD-210FM Update Announced

And for all those with the MSN Traffic Tuner, this is actually a $200 upgrade. With the cost of the ND-TMC10 tuner (~$80) and the upgrade ($120), there is no price-difference than the Z110-to-Z120 upgrade. I guess I'll wait until December 2011 to buy the ND-TMC10 tuner, maybe it'll be cheaper then.

The Z110-to-Z120 upgrade includes the 2010 TeleAtlas Map Upgrade, a GUI Interface Upgrade, Pandora Link, and Musicsphere. The revamped GUI interface is all that really mattered in the update.

The Z120-to-Z130 upgrade includes the 2011 TeleAtlas Map Upgrade, a GUI Interface Update (not Upgrade), Aha Radio Compatibility, and an Improved POI Search. I don't see much to get excited about here. If I didnt have to adapt to the MSN tuner being obsolete in the next 6 months, I wouldnt even bother with this update.

In the last year, the upgrades alone have cost upwards of $400.

"Pioneer" = "GREEDY"

Your paying for the map upgrade not the updated GUI or additional features. The same thing happened last year with people whining about price. Map upgrades are never free.

Yeah right like $20 for map update and $100 for pioneer, tomtom map and device together are like $100 and we all know that tomtom maps are the best give me a break, and I'm not wining because I don't own pioneer product yet, I just feel sorry for poeple who bought a product few years ago and kept forking hundred of dollars every year to keep their products up to date.

Yeah right like $20 for map update and $100 for pioneer, tomtom map and device together are like $100 and we all know that tomtom maps are the best give me a break, and I'm not wining because I don't own pioneer product yet, I just feel sorry for poeple who bought a product few years ago and kept forking hundred of dollars every year to keep their products up to date.

Oh, a troll. That's what I figured. Stay with your $100 TomTom then.

The pricing isn't too crazy considering there are additional features beyond just the maps (however minor they may be). Just to compare I went to the NAVTEQ website and looked up pricing for Map (only) updates, and they're more like $200:

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqNorthAmerica-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewStandardCatalog-Browse?CatalogCategoryID=83UKCghBDysAAAEpcBgY6q8c&ShowAllProducts=YES&PersistNavigationMenu=YES

How expensive is it to keep a Kenwood up to date? $1000 or so every year for the new headunit?

While I agree that you can buy a new tomtom every year for $100, so it's rather lame that it costs more for a couple SD cards.

• 4 weeks later...

AVIC-Z120BT and AVIC-X920BT update includes:

•  
  • Ahaâ„¢ Radio connectivity with Aha Radio app installed on a connected iPhone 4
  • Improved POI search
  • Bluetooth® firmware update

I'm sorry, "Improved Search" & bluetooth should be a free upgrade to everyone! That is a standard update. :huh:

If they wanna charge $120 for the map update, fine go ahead but the other 2, that's B$!

I'm tired of these companies bending over for apple.

As I posted on their youtube channel, this is definitely my last pioneer purchase. :shock: