AVIC411.com

2011 CNSD-210FM Update Announced

If I order the updates, can they only be used on one headunit, or can they be used on more than one? In other words, if I have two vehicles with Z120BT headunits, can I just order one set of updates and use it on both units? Or do I need to order two sets of updates?

I would imagine you can use it on multiple head units. Once ordered you've got the files on an SD card. To my knowledge Pioneer isn't getting "license" specific like software.

Upgrade package includes (1) microSDHC card, (1) microSD card, (1) SD card adapter, and media number card

IMPORTANT NOTE: You will need to activate your upgrade at http://www.pioneernavigationupdate.com as part of the installation (upgrade) process.

Navigation Software Activation Tool

Easy Instructions

•Input the 16 digit Device Number into the appropriate box above.

•Input the 20 digit Media Number into the appropriate box above.

•Press the SEND button.

That's from their website. I'm not sure if this enables them to "monitor" use of each install/upgrade

That's from their website. I'm not sure if this enables them to "monitor" use of each install/upgrade

Each Media Number (ie purchased upgrade) can only be registered with one Device Number (ie HU). The two numbers are then used by Pioneer to generate a valid code that you enter when you install the upgrade. In other words you will need to purchase the upgrade for each HU. Of course, I'm sure ShortFuse can eliminate that problem with another hack.

The Z120-to-Z130 upgrade includes the 2011 TeleAtlas Map Upgrade, a GUI Interface Update (not Upgrade), Aha Radio Compatibility, and an Improved POI Search. I don't see much to get excited about here. If I didnt have to adapt to the MSN tuner being obsolete in the next 6 months, I wouldnt even bother with this update.

This does include the App mode they were showcasing as well, right? If not then i'm not going to bother. I was looking forward to this as a solution for my iPhone 3GS Netflix stream issue to the headunit. For those that were not already aware, Netflix app will only stream video from iPad and iPhone 4 to Pioneer head units. Audio streams on all units.

If I order the updates, can they only be used on one headunit, or can they be used on more than one? In other words, if I have two vehicles with Z120BT headunits, can I just order one set of updates and use it on both units? Or do I need to order two sets of updates?

Just got my update today, it's locked to only one headunit. You have to key in the media number from the SD card and the device id to one specific unit and that will generate a password that works only on that unit. I'm sure if you go back to the website and key in the same media number and new headunit number it will yell STOP.

Just got my update today, it's locked to only one headunit. You have to key in the media number from the SD card and the device id to one specific unit and that will generate a password that works only on that unit. I'm sure if you go back to the website and key in the same media number and new headunit number it will yell STOP.

Any chance on messing with AppMode (or anyone?) with an iPhone? Really wanted to see if it worked well before dropping any cash on this to provide additional feedback.

Any chance on messing with AppMode (or anyone?) with an iPhone? Really wanted to see if it worked well before dropping any cash on this to provide additional feedback.

I love the AppMode shortcut now on the main screen, easier to get to. I have an app TVOutTuner that basically sends all output to the screen, I even seen the icons of apps and any app, game, or website on the Avic. The AppMode is no different they what you could go before by jumping thru setting screens, just faster now with the button right there on the main screen.

• 4 weeks later...

I have an app TVOutTuner that basically sends all output to the screen, I even seen the icons of apps and any app, game, or website on the Avic.

That sounds exactly like what I am needing. What iPhone do you have? Also, how does the TVOutTuner app work? Do you open it up while you have the AVIC running, the minimize it (assuming it runs in the background) and then whatever app or navigation you are doing on your iPhone is displayed on the screen? I have a 3GS and was sorely disappointed that AppMode would only stream app content from the iPhone 4.

That sounds exactly like what I am needing. What iPhone do you have? Also, how does the TVOutTuner app work? Do you open it up while you have the AVIC running, the minimize it (assuming it runs in the background) and then whatever app or navigation you are doing on your iPhone is displayed on the screen? I have a 3GS and was sorely disappointed that AppMode would only stream app content from the iPhone 4.

After you start TVOutTuner you just exit out of it, it stays running in the background. I have an iPod Touch 4. It sends video/audio for any app to the screen including the springboard as you flip thru the apps. I play a few games that work pretty good on bigger screen.