AVIC411.com

AVIC F500BT Firmware Downgrade

Hi evereyone.

I recently wanted to update the firmware of my F500BT unit (EU version). Since I don't have installed any map update I seem to have downloaded and installed the wrong version. I upgraded from 1 to 4, now knowing, that 2 would have been the only verion working for me. Now the unit boots, shows the main menu and says 'System Startup in Progress. Please Wait' (for I have German as language it actually says 'Systemstart läuft. Bitte etwas warten.'). The message never disappears, but I can start navigation, the warning is displayed (with startup message on top) and thats it - no way in nor out. Media section is also available, but is of no use.

Is there any way, to install verion 2 or at least restore version 1? I've read lots of threads here and found ways to enter testmode, but it doesn't work. On booting the unit says

'Error

MapDBinfo:0x1000 <=> Device:0x0010

AU: 0x0001

EW: 0x0010

RE: 0x0100

UC: 0x1000'

and hangs itself.

Since I didn't intend to hack the unit I have no backup of any files or folders. :(

Thanks for your replies!

EDIT: Would I be able to install the map update CNSD-250FM now? This could help, couldn't it?

• 2 weeks later...