AVIC411.com

AVH 4300 back up camera issues

I've just installed a Pioneer AVH P-4300 in my 05 Tacoma and It's awesome, eevrything work perfectly, except.... The unit keeps reverting back to the rear view camera, but with a blank screen (unless in reverse) except for some text saying the view maybe backwards or something to that effect. When I touch the screen all is well for a few seconds (radio,dvd, etc) then back to the blank screen. When I select reverse the camera comes on like it should, then once out of reverse, blank screen again, touch the screen and all is good for a few seconds.

I can turn the reverse camera off at the unit and everything works perfect (minus the camera). I've double checked all wiring and connections and all seems good. Maybe they is a setting I've missed somewhere?

Any ideas anyone?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am having the exact same issues as yourself, except mine is the AVH-P3300BT. I even had to disconnect/reconnect the radio when it wen to the rear camera blank screen, and wouldn't come back!

I think there may be settings on the radio when it's off, and you hold the "menu" button down, but since I have the relay bypass hooked up to the remote power wire, the radio has to be on for it to go into that menu...

I'll check back in a few days to see if anyone has found a resolution to this.

• 5 months later...

i have the avh-p8400bh and have the same issue when i put the car in reverse the camera shows p but then when i switch sources it wil stay on the source screen for seconds and then go back to the reverse camera screen, i read previous post but dont understand one thing...my reverse purple/white from the back of stereo is connected to my reverse light for signal... how or why does it need to be tied into the red power lead??? i have the kenwood cmos-300 camera...does it have anything to do with my relay??

I'm having the same issue exactly. Could anyone that has figured it out give an exact step by step on what you did to fix it.

Did you run the purple and white back to the pos of the reverse lights and also connect the pos/neg of the camera to the reverse lights as well?

Thanks for the help.

had something similar happen on my avhp4300.. there's a rear-view button that appears along the top of the screen only when you press the source menu and if its constantly highlighted the camera will try to activate.. i wired my camera to the ignition of my truck not the remote wire out of the unit, so when my truck is on, it acts as a rear view mirror so i can see on the highway or going uphill when i activate that button. if you only want it as a back up camera you need to wire the purple wire to the positive side of the reverse lights and select polarity as positive in the settings menu. And not have the button highlighted

i also have a bypass in place that works with no hiccups