AVIC411.com

Connecting an IPAD to the Z130BT

So I have google searched and I have searched this forum. Has anybody been able to connect an IPAD to the Z130BT? Is there a hack or is it just not possible. Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been answered. I have looked and looked. I have read the owners manual and I do see were it will connect to an IPod and an IPhone.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is the case then why does the HU lock up when the IPad is connected and it works fine when an IPod or an IPhone is connected. This is were the problem is. When I connect my IPad to the HU it gives me a warning that my USB has been disabled and I have to reboot the HU to get it to recognize an IPod or the IPhone. Thanks for the help with this. I promise I have been searching for an answer on Google and this forum along with any other forum that might can explain this.

I may be wrong, but I thought that the reason Pioneer replaced the CD-IU50V cable with the CD-IU51V was to accomodate the iPad. Something about voltage and pins on the 30-pin connector? Sorry, I really wasn't following that discussion closely - I don't have an iPad. So I might have the details wrong.

The only reason for the 51 cable is to charge the iPad, nothing more. OP if yours is operating like that you have a different problem related to the unit. Are you using an iPad2 or a first gen iPad.

@Fat Tony: you have to use the AV and USB for all of Apple iDevices. This is also the case with nearly any other DD unit that supports video for iDevices.

IPad 2 is what Im using. As soon as I connect the pad to the connector I get an error message that says "USB is shutting down, do not connect this device, restart the unit to reset". Not exact words but damn near. I shut the ignition off and restart up the HU and plug my IPod into the HU and all is good.

Just checked my invoice. I have a CD-IU51V interface cable.

Slightly off topic, but this thread is a good example of some things we ought to watch out for in this forum. There's is an INCREDIBLE amount of "guessing" being foisted as informed and verified information on here. All of us are either users or moderators of this forum (which has some incredibly useful information) and it's OK if you don't know the answer to every post. It isn't necessary to post a response to EVERY question. ESPECIALLY when you don't know the actual answer. That behavior weakens the community and will eventually degrade the utility of the forum.

Just chiming in to let you know it works on the iPad 2. I used my ipad (wifi only) and my ipad 2 (verizon 3G) from work on my avic Z110bt (hacked to z120bt) and it works great. It also worked great on my iPhone 3GS and current iPhone 4. I ran netflix and pandora radio using the pandora app and the pandora link app. If you run just the pandora app on the ipad 2, it does work but it does not show the Music information (title/artist/album cover). It only shows all that info if you actually use the Pandora Link app. I also tested Netflix TV-out capabilities using the pioneer usb/iDevice cable and was able to successfully stream video on my iPhone 4/iPad/iPad 2 to my z110bt.

I may be wrong, but I thought that the reason Pioneer replaced the CD-IU50V cable with the CD-IU51V was to accomodate the iPad. Something about voltage and pins on the 30-pin connector? Sorry, I really wasn't following that discussion closely - I don't have an iPad. So I might have the details wrong.

Yes that is true but they also changed the power consumption going from ipad to ipad 2. I have both of them and I can charge the ipad 2 on my iphone 4 usb home charger and USB PC laptop cable whereas on the ipad 1 I could not do either of those.

While this does not solve anything, I am having the exact same problem as the OP with my iPad 2 (3G/Verizon) and my daughter's iPad (original/3G AT&T). Interestingly, it was working fine yesterday and sporadically today (just purchased iPad yesterday). The first time it happened was when I tried to "home" button out of the iTunes app while the music was playing. One time I was able to get it working again by connecting prior to starting the truck/powering up HU. Did not work the second time I tried it. I am going to try a hard reset on the iPad to see if something I have added in the background is running and causing the problem (unlikely, but worth a shot). I will let you know if I resolve it on my end.

• 4 weeks later...