AVIC411.com

About one month ago, my D3 started having issues with sound to the front left speaker. If I turned the volume up, sometimes it would work, sometimes not. I thought it was blown, so I bought a new pair for up front, needless to say, same issue.

Now, it's happening on the right front also. The rear speakers are working just fine. Just so you all know, I am running this all through a 5-channel amp.

Has anyone else had any issues with their D3 like this?

thanks,

jegonzo3

• 2 weeks later...

a little more info needed, like what kind of vehicle is this installed into,

its either going to be the outputs of the radio are dead, the cables carrying the signal are bad, the amps channels are going out, or the wiring from the amp to the speaker is either shorted or broken.

• 1 month later...

If I take it into a shop, will they be able to run diagnostics on both the D3 and amp?

You cannot swap D3 outputs, say front to the operating rear to see if it is the amp channels or the head unit? The layout of some multichannel amplifiers makes proper cooling of one or more sections less effective, which might cause the typically harder driven main L and R to fail first.