AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 ETA?

Hey, just wondering if anyone has any solid info on as to when the AVIC-D3 will be released? Ive decided to save my money and go with the D3 over the Z1. lol And I cant wait! :D

I may have to buy a tempy HU if its a long wait... All ive come up with is March 07. Is that definite? I've read it may be sooner? Figured this would be a good thread to post updates on the units ETA to my Trans Am's dash!

And hopefully someone finds a way to bypass it relatively quick from when it comes out. With any luck it will be like the previous units.

Thanks. :wink:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you dude. I bailed on a Z1 install with a bunch of audio because I really want the D3. At even money I almost prefer it. Thousand bucks cheaper is a no-brainer.

I just talked to my installer again today because his guy (rep, whatever) is back from CES supposedly with a better idea of when it would get here. All he says is "March at best - maybe as late as August." Sounded like BS, but I'm thinking he just wants me to take the f'n Z1 instead of waiting.

Pioneer announces stuff at CES every year, don't they. I'd be curious to hear from some of the vets on how this has gone in the past.

There's already reports of the discontinued units being difficult to find. How are the new ones not here? Is there going to be a period of 2 months or so where I can't buy a Pioneer Nav Unit? Sounds like whoever's in charge of their distribution channel should have his ass fired.

Hell, I would pay some money over the MSRP to get the damn thing here.

You're correct, the ETA is March '07 with a retail price of only $1,000

Like you, I sold my N3 and am awaiting the D3 which will be well worth the wait considering all the new features it has over previous models:

• - DVD-Video Playback with DivX support
    - Bluetooth with A2DP/AVRCP Stereo support for streaming audio players
    - RGB backlit buttons allows any color lighting to match any car interior
    - iPod direct connect

All for an extremely lower retail price than any Pioneer double-din nav to date. :)

Glad I didn't go ahead and buy a D2 or Z1.

I just watched the video from CES and I was amazed at the price as well as the quality of the unit.

Pro's and Con's between going with the D3 over the Z1? Obviously with price aside from it all. I would much rather spend the extra cash on something that is going to be far better and out-perform something else and I would think most of you would agree. However, the D3 looks to be on-par with the Z1.

Is the biggest difference the on-board HD?

As covered in another thread, the Z2 will have a bigger screen than the D3, 10g of music storage, a more advanced navigation that works all the time as opposed to swapping the disk in and out. This HDD nav allows it to route quicker, have text to speech, have some sort of new exacting location of POI, more view modes, and of course no disks. I am sure you know all the Pros of the D3 already so I won't bother to list them

Yeah it def seems like a better buy for the $$. I dont need all the fluff, the only thing I'll really be giving up is the voice recognition system, which is just cool. But I can live without it for a g-note. As for the HDD navi, and only a CD or DVD at a time, if that becomes a problem you can always add the 6 disc changer. And then have a one up on the z1 unit. lol The rest is fluff imho.

So March is the set time frame. lol Man I hope that sticks, or moves closer. I dont want to have to buy a temp HU.

Well crutchfield is sold out of the Z1's and already discontinued the D2. I imagine they're ramping up the D3. My gut instinct is end of February, early March.

I'm also looking at the D3 to replace my Alpine setup, but I wish they had sirius nav traffic available.

I'm getting D3 , too !!

If anyone has the updated info on D3 release date, plz post!

Thanks !!

the poor Ipod usability with NO DVD-playback on D2/D1 bailed me out.

the expensive cost of Z1 made myself hopeless.

Clearly the D3 ( whole entertainment pkg ) with only $1000 is the right choice.

Lots of ppl seem to complain about the single DVD-ROM, I mean, when people get this type of HU, most of them either I-pod or XM/Sir it. The time of CD-player loaded with 20 songs has passed. Even though a 650MB loaded with only 100 songs MP3 isn't enough ( similar to 6 disc CD changer ). They eliminate additional DVD-ROM, but they add the built-in ipod direct control. Which I consider it to be an upgrade, u do not only get a 30GB+ MP3 database (30gb ipod video), but also have the ability to watch ipod Movies, TV shows, MTVs in D3 unit via direct control. All you need to do is one touch and there goes the next movie/MTV/TV shows/Podcast.

If you were about to do it With additional DVD-ROM, u'll need to first wait the slide of motorized screen, then wait disc come out, take it away, then put the next disc in, then wait the motorized screen to slide back, then the DVD-ROM start to spin for few seconds to load. This is not that safe to do while you're driving as well.

Which one is better and more convenient?

I'd say Pioneer made the right decision.

just my opinion, anyone can disagree in any way.

Can't wait for the arrival for D3 >< !!

369264980AVICD3large1168996967.jpg

This was just posted by "hybridamp" in another thread started here... good news for all of us. :)

" I called my local Pioneer Premier retailer (I've been a customer of theres since 1997 when I bought my DEX-P1R) and they informed me that a shipment of D3s was on order and expected to arrive in a week or two, so I went ahead and reserved one...

According to them, they are shipping from eastern U.S. distributors. Smile

We'll see for sure when they call me to come pickup my D3."