AVIC411.com

I just bought a AVIC X930BT to replace my AVH-P3200BT and the rear cam dosen't work. When I plug my old P3200BT the rear cam is working but I get nothing in my new X930BT, I plug the rca cable of the rear cam in the rca rear cam input of the new unit and I also switch the polarity to battery. Did I miss something?

When rear cam is plug in video in it did'nt work. I don't understand because when I reinstall my 3200Bt the rear cam is working. Both unit have the same power plug so I guess there is nothing wrong with the power harness.

weird. can you try plugging in another video source to one of the video inputs? even a digital camera with a composite video out should work. also, plug in an audio source into one of the RCA audio inputs. if both those things do not work, you may possibly have some blown internal fuses that ground the RCA connections. that happened to my 3300BT after I installed a bi-xenon projector retrofit for my headlights. the initial power draw blew the fuses in my radio. I now ground the radio directly to chassis instead of the radio harness ground.

so when the car is put into reverse, does the radio switch to the camera screen and it is just black (A)

OR

when you shift into reverse, the AVIC doesnt even try to switch to the camera source (B)

A = problem is with the camera, or the wiring

B = reverse wire not done correctly

as far a B goes, i have seen different pioneer models use the same harness with different wire pinouts (for example, the one unit may have the reverse wire in the main harness, and the new radio may had a dedicated wire coming off of the rear of the radio, and that pin is just empty in the harness) i would check the harness to the new radio, and make sure that the reverse wire (purple/white) is in the same position.

also another test if the above is B, what happens if the car is in reverse, AND you manually select the camera source "rear view" from the menu

With the backup cameras on the 930 do you have to wait for the system to boot up completely before it will show the reverse image on the screen? I like to get in and go right away, not sit there for a minute. Would seem like its a waste kinda for that initial pulling out of somewhere after starting the vehicle

as long as you put the car into reverse quickly, it will show the camera with in a few seconds, however if the avic gets too far into the boot cycle, it wont switch over till it gets almost done.

BTW you do know that the worse thing you can do to your car is start it and drive right away right?

you should be giving the motor time to get oil pumped all back in to the system, before you start making it do all sorts of work.

I am having the same exact issue, I had a D3, and the reverse wire works fine, I bought a x930bt and I lost my backup cam. If I manually set it to backup cam it will work.

I metered the reverse wire at the harness going into the x930bt and its getting 12v

Meaning the aVIC is not auto switching.

also check to make sure you have the same voltage on the radio side of the pico fuse

Yup. Settings are correct (Tried both ways to be safe).

and I metered at the black connector. Its getting the proper voltage. Still won't switch.

well then if the avic is getting the correct signal, it has to be a problem with the unit itself, maybe just a software glitch, i would try to see if there is an up date that you could try to see if it is a software issue.

well then if the avic is getting the correct signal, it has to be a problem with the unit itself, maybe just a software glitch, i would try to see if there is an up date that you could try to see if it is a software issue.

So I called Pioneer about this one, and they sent me a Hi-Res image of the wiring harness that should be included with the X930Bt... the wrong harness got included in my box.

What is the "remote" wire, is actually my backup wire.