AVIC411.com

Avic-N1 and AVH-P6800DVD

I currently have the Avic-N1 and am planning on adding a AVH-P6800DVD to my system.

The way I'm planning on configuring it is using the AVH as my primary unit and have the A/V from the Avic going into the AVH.

The only problem I foresee with this configuration is Nav audio.

I can probably have the AVH in AUX which would give me the audio from the nav but then that would defeat the purpose.

Only solution I seem to come up with is using a RCA splitter on the front RCA so I can have audio from both the Avic and the AVH when using the Avic for Navigation purposes.

Anyone have any better ideas.

Using a splitter as you mentioned would be a bad idea. There is a possibility you could fry one, if not both head units' output sections.

I'm using External amplifiers so the RCA splitter is just to get the Nav Audio to the amps.

My original plan was to get the 6800 and get a Porta Nav like the Garmin nuvi 360 but as I'm pricing it out I might as well keep the Avic for Nav purposes.

Yes I do want the 6800 for its DVD changer plus its 4v preout since the avic's preout is pretty weak.

I have the Avic custom mounted so I can have both headunits present without causing space shortage. The only thing the avic will be getting would be power and the speed sensor wire everything else would be routed through the 6800. I'm just trying to figure how to get the Nav prompts to the 6800 since I know I can get the A/V out on the Avic to go to the A/V in on the 6800 but then I wouldn't be able to do anything else.

I already have a Audiocontrol 6 channel EQX mounted in the trunk.

The Nav speaker solutions seems to me to be the best choice as of this moment.

Thanks for pointing that out to me.

As far as the older standalone pioneer nav dvd units people want some ridiculous prices out there. I might as well stick with the Nuvi360 or the Pioneer S1.

Just wanted to see what my options were.

Might just take out the Avic and install it in the family minivan and just run around without GPS for a few until I find a decent price on a Nuvi 360

correct me if Im wrong, but doesnt cntrylvr (or maybe sportsfan?) have a post here how they successfully installed two head units into their one car? They each have WAY too many posts to look LOL but hopefully the one that did this will reply back with the link to the post and the pictures in it

Yes I currently have a d1 for nav and an alpine 9855 running the sound system. The best way to accomplish this system (read the only way to safely) would be to have a 4 channel amp for your interior speakers. I'll post up the info on how to do it tomorrow after work if you so desire.

Yes I currently have a d1 for nav and an alpine 9855 running the sound system. The best way to accomplish this system (read the only way to safely) would be to have a 4 channel amp for your interior speakers. I'll post up the info on how to do it tomorrow after work if you so desire.

Thanks I would really appreciate it.

I'm running a 6 channel audiocontrol EQS

Zapco 360.4

Zapco 500.1 amps

I have front/rear/subs all coming from the headunit.

Here are a few pics im leaving the avic where it is and removing the factory radio for 6800

post-3844-12872751609528_thumb.jpg

post-3844-12872751610433_thumb.jpg

post-3844-12872751611463_thumb.jpg

post-3844-12872751612418_thumb.jpg